Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
7-16-08 KYLE UPDATE

Well, things are up and down.

Kyle is doing beautifully! He is riding his bike and beginning to run a little bit! He's slow and awkward but so proud!!!

I am on the verge of losing my job and the kids benefits. My mom cant take Kyle to UCSF anymore, so I have to take off work to do it.

So, that leaves me missing work. We are also in such a bind financially because someone wanted us to move so badly out of the trailer we were living in, they offered to pay $500 towards our rent.

We were so grateful and excited and started looking right away. So, we found a house we could afford including that $500 promised by them. We never would have chosen that house had they not promised to pitch in.

Well, a few months ago, they decided that they would no longer be able to do that and that is one of the biggest reasons we have been struggling so much. They said they just can't afford it anymore.

On top of the fact that Tony lost his job and there is now no more child support. So, now we've been short $1,400 a month that we were getting before, counting on, and are no longer getting, for reasons outside our control.

I'm not sure if Tony is working or not, but there’s still no child support coming in and it’s tough.
I just don't get it?

Needless to say we are still struggling financially, but thanks to Dave Holloway, My grandpa, our church, Jacobs Heart and Carol from the Santa Cruz Bible church bringing us groceries, we are able to make it one more week.

We've signed a lease and so we can't move and Kyle's medical bills keep on coming! Tony had a fundraiser for Kyle and kept all the proceeds for himself, so that was no help.

We are working on a fundraiser at the Home Town Buffet, some of you may know it as Old Country Buffet or something else. My Aunt Maureen works there. Please pray it is a huge success and we can at least make it to the end of this lease so we can move into something cheaper we can afford ourselves, since we can't count on that extra $1,400 anymore.

Pray for us, we need it desperately right now. Jerry is working 2 jobs and only gets to sleep for 2 hrs a day. I'm working full time and raising 4 kids and trying desperately to keep up with the bills, laundry, and house keeping! We just can't work any harder than we are and we just can't seem to make ends meet.

Through it all, we're still so grateful that Kyle is doing so well, but still always worried that relapse is just around the corner.

Sean wants to go visit his grandparents for the summer, so if anyone has miles they would like to donate, please contact me.

Thanks for letting me whine again, seems like that's all I do anymore! I am grateful for a lot of things, especially the health of my beautiful children and for all of you!!!

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com