Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
8-19-08 KYLE UPDATE

This will be my last posting on Kyle's site.

I'm tired of the negativity I'm getting from people, especially family, that I jump on here scared, asking for prayer at the first sign of relapse. That I use the site as my soap box, that I use the site to beg for money, and many other things.

I've been nothing but agonizingly honest with all of you throughout this long journey of how we were doing, becuase I thought you all cared.

Apparently I was wrong. I started this site in the first place for Kyle, so I could write a book for him someday and so he could see what he/we went though. I will now be switching to a journal to spare you all.

For those of you who do truly care, please feel free to contact me and I will let you know how Kyle is, but I can't take the abuse any longer. Most of my family stopped reading it long ago anyway and those who still do have nothing but insults to say about it.

I'm sorry I'm not perfect and that I've been nothing but honest about what we've been going through over the years.

This website has touched a lot of people and it's too bad they don't get to see that like I do.

Kyle is doing great and only God knows the out come.

If you would like to be removed from Kyle's mailing list, please email me now, becuase I will be using it to update those who do care and have been touched by this little boy's battle and his family's pain and suffering through it all.

Sad

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

Re: 8-19-08 KYLE UPDATE

It's too bad that since none of you were there, you just don't understand what we've been through and what we continue to go through.

Thankfully, Kyle has touched more lives than you all will ever put together! And it was through this site. I'm sorry you don't see that.

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com

I have to tell you that it is really sad that they think that. I have never had the privilege to me Kyle or his wonderful mom but I think that you all have been throw something that no one can even put into words. I had back surgery 14 years ago and was in surgery for 13 1/2 hours while they put 3 rod and 5 screws in along with taking a rib out and putting it in my spine as it's new cartilage.... it was the hardest thing my parents and my self have ever done (now 30).. I think that it takes more courage to put all of your emotions and all of your struggles, emotional and finical, out there for everyone to view... I would be devastated at this point not to know how everyone is doing... PLEASE KEEP ME ON WHAT EVER LIST I NEED TO BE ON... If you would like you can post this on your site!!! Brandy Ralston

WHOA THERE SISTER!!!!!!!
WHAT'S HAPPENING!~???????

YOU and I KNOW how many heartaches, pains, tears, prayers have gone into our sons' battles........................needles/drugs/mouthsores/bottom sores/IV's/ Picc lines/ etc etc etc........

DO NOT LET THE NEGATIVE STICKS-IN-MUD GET IN YOUR WAY!!!!!!!! I don't care if they are family or strangers.

YOU HAVE THIS BATTLE AND a MOTHER'S WARRIOR SHIELD............Mother Bear Claws~ :)

USE IT!!!!! USE THEM!
THERE WILL ALWAYS BE THE NEGATIVE PAINS IN BUTTS.......YOU AND I BOTH KNOW THAT.
IF YOU LET THEM ALTER YOUR WORK........YOUR BATTLE.......THAT'S JUST SATAN CREEPING INTO YOUR LIFE.......

STAND UP TO him *(SATAN_) AND FIGHT IT TOUGH AND HARD.........

I WILL PRAY WITH YOU.

I have never had as much of a bond with anyone as I have with the fellow MOMS that have battled with Leukemia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From Canada to California!~~~~~~~~

and here I am right in the middle in Missouri.......ready to stand up with you and battle.

love you Kat!
would like to hold and hug you some day too!
love jan************************************************

Katrina, I will miss the postings. I pray for Kyle and your family daily. I think it is sad that you are being ridiculed over postings about your family life. Having a conically ill child definitely is a strain on the whole family sharing your struggles and asking for prayer, is not begging. People who have never been there will never know what a tole it takes on the family. Lots of prayers, Lisa Garber McCann

Katrina,

Please continue to send me updates. I am astonished that your family and people are relaying negativity to you in regards to this website. Had it not been for you and what Kyle has endured, I as a mother may not have ever known this type of health problem. I continue to pray for you and your family and I will pray for those that are expressing negativity towards you and the struggles that you, Kyle, and your family are faced with. I do hope that you reconsider and if you still choose to shut down the website then please keep me updated.

I did not have a chance to go and meet Kyle and Sean when they came to TN but I hope to do so in the future. Katrina, you have so much faith and you can see thru the updates that your faith is so strong! I would certainly be worried too if I were in your shoes. That’s human nature…that is a mother’s worst nightmare…that is something you must dread when any type of testing is done. Let those who continue to bring you down and that are making you feel guilty for expressing your struggles be. Don’t trouble yourself with those negative vibes. You continue to express concern, express the needs you need, and continue to ask for ongoing prayer! I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Have a blessed day and know that the positive vibes and prayers far out way the negatives that you are enduring! Lots of love!

Thank you,

Amy Chesney

Katrina

I do not know you or your family or your background besides what you have written on the website. I was made aware of Kyle’s struggle through a prayer request on a website I subscribe to last November (I believe) when Kyle was not doing very good. Although I have never been in contact with you, I have checked the website for updates everyday, sometimes more than once a day hoping to hear how Kyle is doing. I am very sorry for what your family has had to go through. I have been very blessed to have healthy children and don’t know what I would do in your situation. I am unfortunately not in a financial position to help you out (I seem to be struggling in that area, although not because of medical bills), but I pray that someone who is able to help will learn about Kyle’s story and have the heart to help. I personally have not taken your updates as you describe that other people have. There is nothing that makes me check the website and it isn’t forced upon me, so I am not sure why anyone would continue to look for updates if that is how they feel you are being. My opinion to them would be to not check the website. But again, I do not know anything personal about your family and friends. I understand that you have gone through this for years and maybe those people around you want to distance themselves from the sadness that it brings. (Please do not think I am talking negatively about anyone, I mean no harm). I just don’t want you to think that everyone feels as negatively as you have been made to feel they do. Kyle’s story really has touched people he has never met, and it has made me appreciate what I have been given and it makes me try not to get so upset when my children act out or do something that I think is a big deal. I am sorry to hear that you won’t be doing the updates anymore, I think it is a good outlet for you to get your feelings out whether they be good or bad. I would like to be updated on how your family is doing even if it is an email letter you send only to specific people. If you are not going to be emailing anyone at all, then I wish for you that you have many long healthy years with Kyle and your other children and that you can find peace and happiness in your life. Again, thank you so much for sharing your stories with people you have never met. They really have made a positive impact on people not just negative.

P.S. – As far as worrying about relapse, what mother wouldn’t? And what is wrong with asking for prayer requests even when Kyle is having a good day? I hope my email to you is not out of place, I just didn’t want you to feel as if no one who reads your updates had anything positive to say, there is already so much negative in the world. This is my work email, but if you will still be sending updates, my personal email is desertrat2k4@cox.net and I would like to know how you are doing in the future.

Jessica Jones

Phoenix, AZ

Katrina,I went out to the website today, like I do everyday, to look for any updates and I am bummed about your post today. Please keep us in the loop on Kyle's progress as well as your family. You all were and still are in our thoughts and prayers

Tony and Chris

Katrina, You don't know me but to make a long story short my husband dated Holly Jackson and thats how I had heard about Kyle in the 1st place and every since I think its been almost 2 years I check the site daily to see if there is any updates. I have prayed for him and your family everyday and will continue to do so. I am so sorry for all of the troble you have had in the past years but just keep on looking towards God because only he can give you the strength to keep going I know you feel like giving up sometimes but just think of the beautiful children and family and friends you have to live for. I would like to be placed on your email list so I can continue to be able to check out how Kyle and you and your family are doing. I will also continue to pray for you and the family. I look up to you so much and the strenght that you do have its very uplifting. In my thoughts and prayers,Christy Taylor

Dear, dear Katrina,
I just read today's update. I don't know what to say. PLEASE don't isolate yourself from all who are praying (many don't respond on the site but are still checking it and praying)and who care about you and your family. Art and I have walked so much of this last year with you...at the U....through prayer and this site; PLEASE allow us the privilege of continuing to get updates. I haven't walked in your shoes; I don't understand and can't pretend to, but I do care, and I KNOW that Jesus loves you.
In life, I have learned that others will never be able to fill the emptiness in our hearts or meet all of our needs; only Jesus can do that, and He will.
We love you guys; we pray for you; please continue to give us updates. This comes with gentle hugs.
Holding you in our hearts and prayers,
with love,
Jan and Art

State: jskauge@frontiernet.net

Anyway, it seems that many do not want you to stop. They understand.

I'm sure many people want to keep informed--we have laughed with you,

cried with you, and rejoiced in the miracles. Please don't stop. I didn't

realize how Kyle's story has affected so many people. Sometimes when

people hear other people's struggles, they tend to lighten up about their

own struggles. You are actually providing a public service. :) Also, keep in

mind that some of us in your family are not as strong as you are.

Kyle has been going through this for way too long and those that love him have

struggled immensely, although no one as much as you. Realize that some of

us have cracked under the pressure. You lose it too, but then you regain your

strength (as required for a Mom) and you jump back in and take care of him and

your other kids. Moms never get much of a break. Give yourself a break and

know that you are doing the best that you can. That is all you can do.

Like Jan said, "Ignore the negative ones" and live positively.

P.S. Maybe those people couldn't handle the thought of Kyle relapsing and

so they put it back on you. D' Nile is not just a river in Egypt!

Love ya mucho!

Katrina,

I have just read your post on Kyle’s website and I am just speechless. I don’t know what your daily walk is like any more than you know what mine is like. But I know that our Lord and Savior walks with you and with Kyle and will be your strength, grace, help when you need it – just as He has been in the past six years. And I know that if you never do another post on www.kylessmile.org , God will continue to be there for you. We have to always remember as Christians that when we put our faith in people here on this earth, we are always disappointed – Psalms 118. I also know that those of us who look forward to your posts – almost as a note from one friend to another – will definitely miss them.

I am been following Kyle’s ups and downs for a couple of years now. I work with Len Jackson and he is quick to update everyone on Kyle’s condition and never fails to ask for prayer for his grandson. I always feel like even if I can’t do anything else for your family and Kyle, I can always pray and I can always NEVER FORGET. I am blessed to have two healthy young sons and an amazing husband, but I made myself a promise that I would never forget that some of God’s children suffer from cancer and other horrible diseases and that I would never forget their fight and I would never forget to be thankful for my many, undeserved blessings.

I hope that you will keep the post going if that’s what you feel led to do. Your family and Kyle touch many peoples lives thru your posts and I think it should be a decision between your family and the Lord as to whether or not He wants you to continue. I believe that we have the opportunity to plant seeds each and every day and www.kylessmile.org could be one way the Lord is using you to plant seeds. Either way, it should be a decision that you all make together.

I hope you know that I have never taken your posts to be negative in any way. I always have found them rather sobering. I cry at the possibility of relapse and I rejoice and praise God when I hear that he’s still in remission. And on the days that you shared other needs with us, I prayed and was astounded at what all you (and other families) go thru who are facing diseases like this.

I wish you and your family many blessings, Katrina. And I pray that if you stop the posts, you will keep me on Kyle’s mailing list so I can keep up with his continued progress and continue to Praise our Heavenly Father who is still in the miracle business.

Prayers and Blessings from Kingston, TN -

Donna R. Webb

I do not have a password, so could not respond on the website. I would like to continuing hearing about
Kyle and how he is doing. I first became aware of him through the Chronicle news story when Chemo was stolen from your car. Please keep me on your address list. My prayers are always with Kyle and his family.

Katrina, I'm not going to try to talk you out of shutting down The Website. I do realize it must require a lot of time and work but shouldn't it be his decision? It is "Kyle's Smile" May Your GOD Bless You..... Fran (Brother Buzz)

Lady I just read your post and wow I don’t have any idea what is going on but I’m so sorry you have to put up with crap from anyone, especially family. I’ve never had the privilege of meeting you or Jerry but I did get to meet Sean and Kyle while they were her in TN and I was amazed at just how wonderful your 2 young men are. First I never imagined Sean was so tall and Kyle looked great for what he’s been thru but both of them are so polite and I even got smiles out of both of them. I gave both of them some spending $ it wasn’t much but Sean didn’t want to take it he said it hurt him to accept money but I told him to think of it as a free tank of gas for his car & he said OK I told him to just waste it on himself. He even put Kyle’s $ in his wallet. I didn’t mean to make him feel badly but he you only get to be a kid once and you should be spoiled…..I have read about your family now for years because I work with Len Jackson and I think the world of him he is so proud of all of you…..please put me on your mailing list.

I do wish I could give you the biggest hug, a shoulder to cry on & an ear to vent into. Lady you should have nothing left in your life to deal with but just having time to enjoy your life and family. I wish there was something I could do to help you and if there is just say the word and I’ll try my best to see that it gets done. I don’t have a lot of close friends because once you are a friend of mine you are a friend for life, and I don’t let a lot of folks into this group, but I want you to know you are my friend!!!!!!

Remember if there is anything I can do for you please let me know…….

Leona Gillam

Hey Katrina, I don't know how to post on your site but I agree with what Brandy said. I don't know you, haven't met you, don't know if I ever will, but I am thankful that you have this site and my family and I on your list. I praise God for what he is doing in your lives and that I get to witness it, pray for you, and be a part of what he is doing. You are doing the right thing. Don't let the accuser beat you up. He is a liar, a discourager, and he is just angrier than ever because God Almighty is bringing you through this. Kyle's story is an inspiration to us all. He almost died....more than once!!!! They called in the family...more than once!!!! BUT HE'S ALIVE!!!! OUR GOD REIGNS! PRAISE YOU JESUS! HALLELUJAH! I am so encouraged by your posts...and I am prompted to pray when I hear the sorrow of a mother's heart for her child. I cannot imagine going through what God has brought you through....You are free to be open and honest with others in the Body of Christ...would to GOd that more of us would have the courage to be as transparent as you...we'd probably get a lot more answers to prayer. Just this a.m. I was at my church and I thought about the prayer card ministry and how my family has struggled with a "spirit of affliction and infirmity" for so long... we don't experience anything close to what you have gone through, But the thought came to me "Why don't I put ALL of our needs on the prayer cards for our whole family; myself, my wife, and each of the four kids, plus a couple other relatives....who can turn down prayer support"...people who don't know, don't pray...and people who pray stop praying when they haven't heard for awhile. God changes hearts and lives through prayer and intercession...on both ends--ITS A DOUBLE BLESSING--for the prayee and the pray-er! POST MORE OFTEN:)--this will help us to pray more for you. IT helps others to know that there is someone who goes through the same stuff as them and to witness (through the posts) testimony after testimony after testimony of what God has done and continues to do in your lives...its SO ENCOURAGING and testifies to the REALITY of God's love for us. You've also got yourself a written record and chronicle of what He's done in all of you over the journey.

Remember to ask GOd to help you pray blessing for those who are "cursing" you...the last thing you want is BITTERNESS or UNFORGIVENESS in your soul. That will only complicate the problem. We speak health, healing, and life over you in the name of Jesus. Discouraging spirits, thoughts, strongholds, and condemnation be gone in the name of Jesus. You are doing the right thing. Keep praising Him, the one through whom all blessings flow...He is the BLESSING...Everything else is simply a supernatural outflow of our relationship with HIM. Please send more updates to help my family and I remember to pray for you. God loves you and He understands your frailty and fears better than anyone on earth. He's given you the website as a means through which you can release these things to Him...I will be praying for you, and Lord willing, doing even more.
The Shepherds

I was so sad to read the new posting on Kyle's site. You most likely do not remember me, but we met last summer at Camp Okizu. I've kept up with Kyle's site ever since. I talk about him a lot, and call my husband at work to read him the latest updates. We've been praying for him since we met you all. I'll never forget how excited and happy he was at camp, trying to catch lizards and telling you to hurry up to the ropes course. I'm so sorry you having to deal with toxic people. I really understand that, I have a few in my family as well and it just really sucks. They don't understand and probably never will. I just let them sit on their fake high horse and try my best to ignore them. They can be so very hurtful and I'm sorry for the extra pain you've endured. I just wanted to let you know that we care and will continue to pray for Kyle and send our love to you and yours. Take care, Paulette and family
www.helpisabel.us

DEAR KATRINA, THIS IS YOUR AUSTRALIAN FRIENDS WHO HAVE SENT CARDS AND GIFTS TO SEAN AND KYLE OVER THE YEARS. PLEASE DONT DENY US THE CHANCE TO SEE HOW KYLE AND THE OTHER CHILDREN ARE DOING. IF YOU CLOSE THE WEBSITE DOWN, PLEASE KEEP US ON THE MAILING LIST. WE MAY NOT UNDERSTAND AS WE HAVE NEVER WALKED IN YOUR SHOES BUT KNOW WE LOVE YOU, AND WE WILL ALWAYS PRAY FOR YOU ALL. GOD BLESS AND MUCH LOVE COLLEEN AND MATTHEW FORNO FROM AUSTRALIA.

Katrina, I am very saddened to hear that some of your family members have given you such a hard time about what you write on Kyle's website. I am a cousin (not sure how many times removed-Leonard Jackson is my great uncle) and as a family member I do not feel that what you have posted has negatively based. I think you have listed your families struggles, worries and rejoices so that everyone can feel those with you. Personally if someone in the family feels the way you stated you can tell them to not read the website. No one is making them read it. Hang in there, I believe that you have more people supporting you than not. Sharon Craft Dryer

Katrina, I'm very sorry this has happened. I've always appreciated your honesty in writing about something that is incredibly difficult for you and Kyle to go through. If writing about it on the website provided you an outlet for some of those painful emotions, that is perfectly fine, and not anything you should be blamed for. I have certainly been touched and inspired by the courage and strength you and Kyle have shown through this ordeal. I'm very glad to hear Kyle is doing well, and I hope you will include me in any future emails you send out about his progress.Dave

Katrina-

You don't know me, but I have been following Kyle's web page for the past year and holding him my prayers every day. I am a friend of Lee Loughran and found out about Kyle through prayer requests Lee posted on Jordan's web page. I have been checking Kyle's web page almost daily and have found great strength and inspiration in his miraculous journey and your encouraging words. I am very sorry to hear that you will be discontinuing the web site, but please do keep me on any email lists that you have. I suspect that are many people like myself who have been following Kyle and silently praying for him from the sidelines. I would still like to be part of his prayer team, with or without the website.

God bless you all.

Allison Ezell

Your website is full of untruth, all the way down to bank accounts...

Mom

I'll spare you the rest from my mom, but you can see what I deal with on a daily basis. The lies and untruths, the negativity and the lack of support. There is no money in Kyle's fund, so I'm unsure what she's talking about this time, but I'm so weary of it.

Katrina, I've been a lurker to Kyle's journey for a while now, and have never posted to his guestbook. I'm so sorry you have to deal with insensitive family members. They will never understand the total impact something like this has on a family unless they themselves have to go through it. I would never wish this journey on anyone. No one truly understands, unless they're going through it, or have gone through it. Someday they may see the error of their ways and be sorry, and then again they might not. However, I have found that typically what goes around comes around. Please don't let these toxic family members rob you, and your family of happiness and you mental well-being. I wish you and your family well. I pray Kyle emerges from his battle triumphant. Continue to be strong for your family, they need you. Don't let this bring you down, don't give "those" family members the satisfaction of destroying your spirit. I would like to keep up with Kyle's journey if you would allow me.

Brody's Mom - Brenda Sharpsville, IN Brody (10), pre-B ALL, SR-HR, ALL, 7 months to off treatment

Hi, Katrina. Please reconsider shutting down your website. I don't know
you or Kyle...but I know the Jackson family (Preacher & Leona down thru Tony
Joe from when I was a kid). I don't check daily, but I check once a week or
so to see how Kyle is coming along. I pray for you and Kyle in good times
and bad. It would be a shame to deny so many "Kyle Supporters" who don't
personally know him the ability to keep track of his situation. I've been
checking the site for the past few years because of an e-mail that Preacher
Jackson had sent out asking for prayer support. While I'm not there "in the
thick of it" with you, I feel that I've been on a part of this journey with
you.

God Bless!!

Becky Gibbons

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
premiumcorporategifts