Return to Website

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum

Welcome to Kyle's Smile! Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
8-27-08 KYLE UPDATE

Kyle's Grandma Teresa (Jerry's Mom), my Mother-in-Law, took Kyle up to his clinic appointment yesterday, up in San Francisco.

Thank God I didn't have to miss another day of work! Thank you sooooo much Teresa! She's been a huge support and is always there when we need her! Even though she works too, she still manages to shuttle the kids around when I need her most!

Kyle had a Pulmonary Function test yesterday and he did really good. It was scary for him, they had to at one point cut off his air supply and the machine made really loud noises. He's scared of really loud noises, especially when it comes to testing. He braved through it though! I'm so proud of him!!

Dr Loh said that if he does not gain 2 pounds in 2 weeks they are going to put him back in the hospital and put the feeding tube back in! Then they want GI to look at him.

He's been eating like crazy, but he's also been all over the place with his new found ability to walk and awkwardly run!

We went to the beach Saturday night and him and his friend Anthony (my fried Paula's son), walked up to the top of a hill and ran down as fast as they could. The did this over and over again! Walking up a sand hill is not easy! He has been burning a lot of calories doing things like this!

Dr Loh said that when he showed up at camp he was very thin from his trip to TN. He ate nothing but corndogs the whole time he was there and was so active the whole time! They have a pool too. More burning calories!

Please pray we can stuff him over the next 2 weeks, so he doesn't have to go back into the hospital again! He doesn't need that and I can't do it! I'll lose my job and/or look bad!

They've already asked me twice if I need to take time off to get my affairs in order! Now we're facing a hospitalization? UGH!!! Please God help us help Kyle....

Sean's Birthday is on Friday and he has only received one Birthday card in the mail. He will be so sad if none of you send him cards, he already feels unimportant and that is so untrue! He was one of the biggest factors in Kyle's healing process!

Please, Please, Please take a moment out of your day and send him a card. Just to say you care and you appreciate him and all he has done for Kyle.

I have been asked what he wants for his Birthday and I'm suggesting a gift card from Game Stop. If you don't have one near you, you can go to www.GameStop.com and they will ship one out within 24 hours.

It is: Sean Jackson-Wetle
9554 Stone Oak Ct
Salinas, CA 93907

Please just take a moment, it would mean so much to him and us if you could. You don't have to send anything, just a card.

I'm going to have to go to the post office and mail a bunch of made up cards to him myself, that's how important this is!!!!!

I've been praying about this and talking to him and he is very fragile and doesn't understand why no one understands how hard he worked at being bedside with Kyle and how he feels unappreciated. I convinced him he's not and I need you to help me keep it that way.

Not that he needs kudos, but he's a kid and he's been struggling and been displaced and living in hospitals too for most of his growing up years and never complained.

When he was diagnosed with Diabetes, I think he got one card from a family member, while Kyle got tons!

I know Diabetes is not the same as Luekemia, but it's the principal of it all. Sean spent a week in the hospital along side Kyle and Kyle got cards and mail everyday and Sean got nothing. It was sad.

At 15/16 Sean has to poke his finger at a minimum of 4 times a day and give himself shots a minimum of 5 times a day!

Come on, I'm digging for sympathy here, is it working yet?

I just don't want Sean to be forgotten in all of this. I'll stop now, I think you get my point.

I don't know if any of you read the last post at the bottom of the last page but, Tony & Christie Vander Heyden and their daughter Breezy were some of our wonderful volunteers at the Ronald McDonald House.

They came and the girls took care of the babies and laundry and such and the guys took Sean out on Sundays to get away and play! We had to pry him from Kyle's bedside sometimes!

We miss them dearly and the time they allowed me to spend with Kyle, knowing all was well back at the RMH room.

Then there was also Dan Barber who came almost everyday, along with Diane Witt who were also our most valued volunteers!

We really miss all of our volunteers, including Sarah Hovis, who sadly had to stop coming, due to complications with her health.

Diane, Sarah, and Dan used to take turns taking the babies on the weekends sometimes, it was great time allowed with Kyle, especially when he was in ICU for so long!

And they all volunteerd their valuable time to help us! We wanted to bring them all home with us! Especially Dan who gave the most time and was excellent with the twins!

They adored him and had him wrapped around their fingers! A lot of times brought his daughter too and she was so good with the babies too!

We miss them all! We are paying for care now, I put the same add up when we got home and got only one response from a highschool girl whom I never heard back from!

Sad, but that tells you how awesome, supportive, loving and giving Minnesotan's are compared to Californians!

I will let you know how things progress, please take a moment now to write down our address, run and send Sean a card! I just can't tell you how important it is this year for him.

I'll keep you updated!

Blessings and Serenity to you all!!!

us

State: beachfeet13@yahoo.com