Aggie Alumni Forum

If you are posting details about Reunions PLEASE email aggiealumni@comcast.net to make sure it gets on the reunion page. PLEASE contact us immediately if there is something inappropriate that needs to be removed.

Aggie Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fr, Reid Sighting

Father Reid was sighted with Tom Cruise the other day...He was asked what he was doing with his new found friend.Father Reid replied that he was switching to Scientology. The embarrassing handling of the child abuse cases by the Catholic Leadership and the heartless closing of the beautiful church and school that he named in honor of his mother, Agatha. It was just too much to handle.
Just a thought...Pope John Paul oversaw the building of a beautiful luxury hotel just off St. Peter's Square in Rome.The hotel is now booked with toursts year round. Contrary to history...during the enclave, the Archbishops did not intern in the uncomfortable Basilica until a new pope was selected.The luxury hotel's reservations were all voided (all that greatly-needed revenue) to make room to house,in luxury,all those Archbishops.
Everytime I pass the site of so many of my childhood memories, I begin to wonder what those funds could have been used to keep running that Parish.

Re: Fr, Reid Sighting

Father Reid gave so much of his hard work and personal money.

with all that hotel money...that statue out front could be made of gold.

The blame belongs on Carinal Maida and his croonies. Look how wonderful St. John's is. I hear Maida's suite is filled with imported Italian marble, and he has a personal chef available 24/7. (I need to remind myself that many of these priests never take a vow of poverty)... St. Agatha will be fine. I am sure before Christmas we will see or be told it was bought. The buildings, that Huge (they don't make them like that anymore, cost too much) Church and the property is worth more to Maida sold than helping the community.
I often wonder if we voted on our Church leaders they way we vote for our community leaders, would things be different.
God Bless St. Agatha, Fr. Reid and all those wonderful familes, teachers and people who built and sustained her through the years. We need her as much as she needed us!

Wow... Ms. Zevchek and Ms. Behl reply to my post. What good memories of these Ladies, I have!
Ms. Behl holds a special spot in my heart. My English teacher that read through my tough exterior and reached out with approval and recognition to a young man that needed precisely that ,back in the year of 1975.
Ms. Behl, always remember what a positive impact you had on a person's life. One good deed begets another. I give my compassion to others by what you taught to me. I hope you never thoght you just taught English ?

Thought not thoght....corrected with respect to my English Teacher.

oh sure...bring up the gorgeous Ms Zevcheck.....

What are you old timers talking about? I heard they are turning aggies into an old folks home so you can move right back in!

Interesting to hear folks waxing sentimental on Fr. Reid...my memory is longer than that...I remember vividly the fear he struck into the hearts of students, altar boys, and administrators...Doesn't sound like the preistly patriarch one would imagine...No question he invested his well-to-do family's money to found the Church and school...but in reality, it was the flight of Catholic families from Redford Twp to Famington Hills, Novi, Milford, Livonia, Brighton, Ann Arbor, etc that did the parish in, not the lack of Vatican funds....Just a reality check, sorry....