Aggie Alumni Forum

If you are posting details about Reunions PLEASE email aggiealumni@comcast.net to make sure it gets on the reunion page. PLEASE contact us immediately if there is something inappropriate that needs to be removed.

Aggie Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
time capsule?

Anyone from the class of 71 remember the time capsule we buried? I don't know the year we did it or if it ever was opened. Just thought it would be fun to know.Hope you're all doing well

Re: time capsule?

Hi Rich, I heard a long time ago, (I don't remember who the source was) who said to me that someone or somebodies(in our class?) had dug the thing up. I believe it was during our senior year that we had buried the capsule, and I was very disappointed when I had heard that someone had dug it up. I always hoped it was a false rumor, but no one from our class has ever said one way or another about what happened to it. Hope all is well with you. Al

Hi Al, Thanks for the info. It was good to hear from you.Even though it's been so many years all the class of 71 is still a good memory of mine.I miss everyone.Rich

We were in 8th grade when we buried it. As far a I know no one even dug it up.It was buried in the court yard between the grade school and high school. The exact location is unknown to me. Kathy O'Mara or Amt Roemer might know. Hope everyone is well.

Hi Jerry, That's a pretty good memory you have and that was the location I thought it was.It would be nice to dig it up before the property is sold.Great to hear from you.Rich

Hi Guys, from what I remember, it was members of our class officers who were involved in the burial of the capsule. It seems to me that I thought the capsule was buried at the end of 9th grade. So if anyone can identify the class officers, i.e. possibly Stan Zasuwa, Kathy O'mara, or others, they can be of more direct assistance. (Anybody got one of those metal detectors?)
Keep on truckin' Al

Re: time capsule/Rich Miller

I just came across this thread that my brother Rich started in 2005 and I thought his classmates from '71 might want to know that, sadly, Rich passed away in November from complications following outpatient surgery. As I'm sure you know, Rich was a great guy and is missed more than words can say.

If you have any memories (especially fun ones) of Rich that you'd like to share, PLEASE email me. I'm sure his kids would love to hear your stories.

Thanks,
Candy (Miller) Belanger - Class of '87