Return to Website

Captain Kidd's Forum

~ a forum for everyone interested in the life and times of Captain William Kidd ~

Captain Kidd's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Try this exercise, you'll sample what it's like to be a treasure hunter

There is only one way to know the fun and frustration a treasure hunter goes through, and that is to experience it yourself. Wonder why some questions about a treasure never get answered? Maybe after this experiment you'll understand why.
I have come up with a way to let anyone try their hand at treasure hunting. It does not require long hours in the field, nor chartering a ship to get to an island. This can all be done right there where your sitting. I'll admit that this will be a somewhat crude experiment, but it will suffice nonetheless.
What we will be doing is researching a treasure site in hopes of finding the treasures approximate location. We are lucky in one respect of this experiment in that we are already given a treasure island to work with. Our job will be to find the maps that give out the specific information as to where this treasure is located.
The first and foremost important aspect in treasure hunting is that we have a working knowledge of the system of signs and symbols that were used in the hiding of these treasures. While the research of this system will, no doubt, be the hardest part of this experiment, those who perservere will succeed. I will also, from time to time, provide needed information to help this project along
As I stated, we already have an island with treasure located on it, it is called Robinson Crusoe Island, and it is off the coast of Chile. A treasure was located there a few weeks back (September 27, or so)that has been estimated to be worth anywhere from 10 billion dollars on up to a few trillion dollars, depending on the story you are reading.
Your job, then, is to locate a map of this island that will give you the "hints" neccesary to understanding that this is a treasure island. These maps can be found on the Internet. Your first clue as to what to look for is this: Robinson Crusoe Island is most commonly known as Juan Fernandez Island. So,do a web search of Juan Fernandez Island. For example, "old maps of jaun fernandez island", should get you the results that your looking for.
I admit that this experiment is kind of tough on beginners, and that it's not much help, but I have already given you more help than I had when I first started out. And I promise you that it will get harder before it gets easier. As I said, you'll come to learn exactly what it's like to be a treasure hunter. You'll understand that some questions are not answered because the answer may jeopardize the site, or, that it simply releases information that you're not ready to release at this time, etc, etc, etc. While the reasons may vary, rest assured that most treasure hunters have invested decades of their life in research, and thousands, if not millions, of dollars of their money as well as other peoples money in getting to where they are.
So, if you feel the desire, try this experiment. You can't get the Juan Fernandez treasure, it's already gone. But you can learn from it, and then apply what you learn to your own Treasure Island. Don't like water, no problem. Land based treasure rooms use this very same system.

Re: Try this exercise, you'll sample what it's like to be a treasure hunter

I have read on the Internet (10/14/05) where the finding of this treasure was a hoax created to tout the abilities of this robot. This may or may not be true. When you understand the politics involved with treasures such as this, you just don't know what's true and what's false, what's created and what's denied.
There is still one fact that is totally true, and that is that this island certainly does have a huge treaure buried on it. The maps prove this out.