Clark's Company Message Board

Welcome!  This is a public forum for all to use.  Please post questions and discuss 18th century topics.

Clark's Company Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fort Frederick

Tom,
Are we still goint to Fort Fred? I need to know ASAP.
Rich

Re: Fort Frederick

Is anyone still going to Fort Frederick?
I'll be there about 10-11 Sat morning and would like to meet you all. If so any idea where you'll be camping?

Mark Hersee

Hi Mark,
We will be there Friday night, no idea where we will be campming though! Look for the ugly oilskin tarp with patches on it, I'll tie a piece of red wool on the pole.
Rich

Sounds good, I'll look for the red wool!

Mark

Amy and I will be leaving around noon on Friday, if you guys can camp in the overflow area that they have used in the past, the overflow area is above the parking lot and if you want to leave early you can pack out easily from there also that area has a great veiw.

Thanks Buzz. We'll be in around 7-8 friday evening.
Rich

Hey guys I am bringing three pounds of bacon would somebody please bring a large skillet and fork. See you at the Fort Buzz

Buzz,
I'll bring an extra skillet, don't have a big fork though!
Rich

how was ft. fred?

You guys missed a good one! We had a mess Friday with the rain, Saturday was nice, a little rain, but 68 and sun. Yesterday was cold but nice.

We had excellant game hens Saturday night for dinner, Sausage , cheese and bread. Mixed with with some spirits. Sunday, A light breakfast, And for lunch some soup and bread.

Josh aquired two Wilde half blankets, Tom a new knife, Cindy new mitts, and a half Blanket(Wilde) and myself two new knives by Randy Wolfe. One a folder and a larger belt knife.

Met Mark Hersee and family, great people!

We had a great time and I think we are planning to go back next year. It is the place to go for vendors! Everyone was there.

YMOS
Rich

The car ride there and back was interesting... especially the ride there!

Yes quite interesting indeed

huh?.? should i know something?

Oh yeah, interesting indeed! We could have had major issues with the Captain!

**** gas stations!

did tom not know how to work the gas pump again?

No, my personal gas pump was working overtime...lets just leave it at that!

T

I think it was working double time and a half
personally speaking

Josh

Toll roads and concrete barriers, oh Pennsylvanis!!!

It was a pleasure to meet Cindy, Josh, Tom and Rich at Fort Frederick. I'll certainly be back next year. Bridget and Teri had fun too. (Yes, Bridget had fun in spite meeting the business end of goat!) I hope your ride hope was a little "less interesting"

Mark