Clark's Company Message Board

Welcome!  This is a public forum for all to use.  Please post questions and discuss 18th century topics.

Clark's Company Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Company Social

After looking around, I may have found a good place for our "Winter Social" in November or December. It is Located at Malabar Farms near Mansfield, Ohio. The link is below. Please let me know what you think.
Rich

http://www.malabarfarm.org/index_ie.html

Re: Company Social

Sorry, click on facilities. Click on that and it is the rustic cabin, Known as the Pugh Cabin. It has two fireplaces, two restrooms and can seat up to 50. It might give us that "atmosphere" that we are looking for.
Rich

Looks good!

Thanks Cindy. I think with the two fire places and it being situated in the woods, it might feel a little more 18th century. We need to go look at it first hand though! A big plus is that it is not too far away from everyone!
Rich

Group,

Cindy was the only one I heard back from. Any others interested? If so, we need to book this month.
Rich

Did we pick a date yet? It all hinges on that for me...you know...deer seasons and all.

Zeke,
I have requested their open availability for both November and December. I will post it here and then we can take a poll and decide.
Rich

So, do we have a winner yet?

Well, no. I kind of let it slip by the wayside. Diid not get much of a response. Maybe we can throw an impromptu social together.

If anyone would be interested in coming to the Village, The Luken's would be a great place to get together, a fine party and plenty of place to sleep...anybody interested?

Teresa,
That sounds like a good idea! Thanks for the offer. See if we can get some dates in mind. With the exception of December 17, I am open. Lets take a vote?
Rich

Excellent! Saturdays work for me....the fireplace can be a tad difficult, but with the expert fire tenders in our group, I'm confident!

Looking at the calender, Dec. 3 is the Candlelight Tour, the 10th is the Augusta Ball, the 17th doesn't work for us, the 24th is out obviously! :) so unless we want to spend New Years eve together, Dec is not working on Saturdays. Anybody up for Friday the 2nd? I have Saturday off for the tour and planned on coming to Village that day anyway.....that would make it a great long weekend!