Clark's Company Message Board

Welcome!  This is a public forum for all to use.  Please post questions and discuss 18th century topics.

Clark's Company Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fort Meigs August 12-14 2005

Okay Group:

Show of hands, who will be going to "Siege 1759" with us this year? I'd like to get as many men under arms as possible. This way, we can be attached as an individual group and still fight with the British using our own command structure!

Also need to get funds together for "company" meals.

Please contact me offline for information

Rich Denny
740-363-5197

Re: Fort Meigs August 12-14 2005

ill be there

Hello!!! is anyone alive out there? I need numbers, we are five weeks away from this event. Please let me know ASAP!
Rich

I have taken the liberty and registered all active members of the company. This was free and if you cannot make it, you won't be out $$$
Do we want to get a carpool going?

Rich

Okay,
This is a tentative list of Clark's going to Ft. Meigs:

Rich Denny
Josh Denny
Kirsten Denny
Drew Rea
Tom Landefeld
Cindy Clark
Ralph Arms
Cliff Snyder
Steve Wheeler & Sherry
Amy Henry
Neal Kelly

As you can see, we have enough people to keep our unit intact during the reenactment and not placed into other groups.

I am willing to procure groceries and cook for the event (help is appreciated!) Let me know what is needed. If everyone who is on the list contributes $5, we should have plenty of food. I would be interested in car pooling. I know we talked about renting a big van...is that still a possibility?

Hi Cindy,
I think "community" meals would be good. $5 each should be plenty! You will have plenty of help! I would like to carpool, I will check on rental vans and let everone know. A twelve passenger van should have enough room for 8 people and all their gear. I would also like to leave as early Friday 8/12 as possible. This way we are settled in for Saturday and can minimize the rushing around.
Rich

Sheri and I will be happy to pitch in both money and help. Off topic a bit, but I know you'll be reading this Rich...I got your email reply today (JUL 28) but was unable to reply to you for some reason. Can you (or anyone) direct me to a purveyor of black powder in the Columbus area (in case you don't make the run before Meigs)? My horn is going to be rather light otherwise. Back to the topic...Sheri is never sure when she gets out of work on Fridays, so you won't be able to count on us for the carpool. We'll make it sometime Fri. eve though.

Zeke,
Vances Shooters Supply on Cleveland Avenue is about the only place close that carries it. It is close to I-71 and I 270. Try mapquest for the best route from your house. FYI..It is closed on Mondays.
We'll look for you and Sherri later Friday night then.........
Rich