Clark's Company Message Board

Welcome!  This is a public forum for all to use.  Please post questions and discuss 18th century topics.

Clark's Company Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reading Anyone?

Okay, I know it's not winter, but what are you guys reading now? I am reading "Johnny Green" that Tom loaned me. Not quite our direct area of interest but the Orphan Brigade(Kentucky)during the war of northern aggresion fascinates me. Also on the list are all three of Dale Paynes new books, "Frontier Memories", "Indian Warfare and massacres of Western Virginia" and "Narratives of Pioneer Life and Border Warfare". All should keep me busy on those cold dark nights to come!
So, lets have it, what are you reading???

Re: Reading Anyone?

I have enough assigned reading to keep me busy. No fun stuff for me! But anyway, this is what I'm reading: selected articles on the global food supply chain, economic public policy analysis, a couple of political science books, livestock nutrition, and my personal favorite "Understanding Animal Breeding." As the guy at the bookstore told me when I bought it, "Good luck understanding that one!"

I'm currently halfway through "Long Knife".
Prior to this I read "White Devil: A True Story of War, Savagery, and Vengeance in Colonial America".
Oh yes, and the new 2006 Dixie Gun Works catalog arrives tomorrow, so I'll be reading that over the weekend!
Jack

Cindy,

Can I read that when you're done?

Had a gelding mount my mare tonight in the turn out paddock! Maybe he should read it! LOL