Return to Website

The Capreolonline Forum

Welcome to our new forum. Feel free to post a message. Please treat this forum with civility and respect for the opinion of others. If you don't state your name your opinion is worthless.

Forum: The Capreolonline Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Snow removal , high water

Hello Mr. Engstrom....Thanks for the reply....it was a long time coming...I see the ATV’s have been on the ice at the end of Shaw st...a disaster waiting to happen...those kids have never seen the water this high and probably think if they fall through , it will be only a foot or so deep...the levels are approaching 4 to5 ft. from neglect
Our Post Office is the busiest place in town. Yes , there is a plowed lot behind the post office but rarely used. 99% use the front and park on the street to access the front doors...If I may ask who made the policy to only remove the snow twice a year in our down town core...Someone looking for Brownie Points ? This is totally unacceptable. We have a nurse practioners center downtown...snow removal there also has been a disaster . Seniors can’t climb over snow banks... your policy needs to be revisited .
How many times have I been to the Suez depot to ask if the loader while it is on spot waiting for a truck to come back from the snow dump at the end of Shaw St to slip over and clean in front of the Post Office...always denied...Very bad management...someone in the city needs to look for employment someplace else off my dime....it’s only a 5 minute job to make ONE PASS and shove the bank into the unused laneway beside the post office sometimes when the loader was only about 1000 ft away...I’ve even asked the city employees on snow removal in the vicinity with a loader to come and make a pass at the post office only to cringe in fear for it even being mentioned...What’s with that ?
Capreol is not used to this type of inept management . I’m sure that enough Tax dollars leaving Capreol to at least give us the service we once had....When engineering can see fit to haul snow from Val Caron and Val Therese to the snow dump at the bottom end of Shaw St in Capreol which I think is a colossal waste of resources and getting nothing done...contractor tandem trucks running down MR 84 , 20 KPH under the speed , there needs to be an investigation into management...
A copy of this E-mail to the Mayor and my councillor
Thank you Fred Lammi Capreol Dec 1-14 705-858-1983

Fom: Gord Engstrom [mailto:Gord.Engstrom@greatersudbury.ca]
Sent: December-01-14 1:41 PM
To: flammi@sympatico.ca
Cc: David Shelsted; Randy Halverson; Tony DeSilva
Subject: ACR # 654383
sightlines in intersections and lane width or for drainage issues.
Good Afternoon MR. Lammi: The roads section of the city is working on resolving the beaver dam and high water levels behind Shaw Street and on MR 97 ( Capreol Lake Road ) at the present time. In regard to snow removal at the town post office we are budgeted and to follow policy to remove snow twice a year if required in our downtown core (Young St. ) and as needed for

Thank You
Gord Engstrom
NE Section Superintendent

Residence Capreol

Email  
Re: Snow removal , high water

Driving downtown is like going through a culvert, because of the snowbanks! I see the banks beginning to form in front of the Post Office again! You thought that electing a councillor form Garson was going to solve Capreol problems, did ya. Think Again!

Residence Capreol

Email  

This morning, snow all removed from the downtown business area. Nice job - kudos to those responsible for getting it done. Now if only the Post Office problem could be resolved. Private contractor involved there. One thing I do know, if Real Richer had the contract the snowbank issue would not exist. Food for thought.

Residence Capreol

Email  

Snowbank removed from in front of the Post Office today. I assume that the contractor did it. Well done - Thank You! I now have absolutely nothing to ***** about. lol

Residence Capreol

Email  

Fred LAMMI Capreol Feb 24-15 705-858-1983 O8:30 AM

Hello Councillor Mike Jakubo
Re: Capreol Post Office snow bank

I called City Manager Randy Halverson (Frobisher) about the Capreol Post Office snow bank plowing...
He sounded a bit upset that I called him . He said he wasn’t responsible for the operations at Capreol.
I guess I said too much when I mentioned that the staff said he was at the helm and to call him.
He said he was going to talk to the staff.
Two of them are dedicated Capreol boys and I hope that they were not chastised .
Both know the problem but are told not to plow the bank. Same story now for 2 or 3 yrs...
I understand a Local business man is trying to keep the bank away.
Can you tell me if Halverson isn’t in charge , who is ?

Residence Capreol

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks