Return to Website

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com

WWW.Vietnamvets.com was started over 10 years ago by US Navy and Vietnam Veteran Murry Broach.In his Memory this site is lovingly dedicated.  
jinks

ENTER THE CHATROOM

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jack Motz

Hi,
I know this might be a long shot. I was wondering if anyone who reads these boards might have known my father. My dad's name is Jack Motz. He was from Akron, OH. I know little about his service. He talked little of his service, and what he did tell me were light hearted stories of commraderie and funny anecdotes.
My father passed away in 1996 of a heart attack. He was a good man and a good father. Unfortunately, it wasn't until after his death that I really developed a curiosity about his service and experiences.
His rank was SP4, United States Army. He was honorably discharged in March 1970. I don't have a lot of information. I have a discharge paper and some pictures. I know he piloted a helicopter. In his box of slides, I found a membership card to a place called the Beetle Nut Lounge in Soc Trang Vietnam. On the back there is a name and address. The last name isn't very clear but I think it's Raymond Spangler of West Middlesex, PA.
My name is Cindy, and I'd love to hear from you. He was a very special man. I miss him every day.

Re: Jack Motz

Cindy,Good luck with your journey. And R.I.P to our brother.
Someone with info on your dad will chime in.

Sometime is better to know a person while alive.
It will make his day.

........................Eagle....................