Return to Website

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com

WWW.Vietnamvets.com was started over 10 years ago by US Navy and Vietnam Veteran Murry Broach.In his Memory this site is lovingly dedicated.  
jinks

ENTER THE CHATROOM

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Operation Wandering Soul

Sorry I am afraid that one is above my paygrade.

Being a Tanker I have no idea about that Psyops stuff we never dropped those papers on the NVA or Viet Cong we Only dropped 90mm HE on them. I always thought that got our point accross much more efficiently.

a little psyops story....

I think I posted this one some years ago...but anyway...here's a story for ya...
...I was in a perimeter bunker in Long Binh one day...and Long Binh was a bigass place fellas...the perimeter was way the f**k out there...anyway...I was in a bunker by myself...on a hot afternoon...and a small prop plane was buzzing along the sky...very high up....and as I watched it, I started noticing these little white specs in the sky...almost looked like it was snowing...so I kept watching them as they fluttered down....slowly...it took a long time before I could see that they were little pieces of paper...and they just fell to the ground all around the bunker and the perimeter and the cleared land out front....thousands of little pieces of paper.......I'm thinking whatthef**k is this....so I gathered up a few...they were these chu hoi(sp) leaflets...explaining to the viets why they should not support the cong...with some pics of dead charlies....it seemed to me then that it was a bit of a wasted airdrop if you know what I mean.....anyway...that's my story cats...and I'm sticking to it.....I think I've still got a couple of them leaflets around somewhere...possibly...and if I can find them I'll try to post a pic.....lefty...out

Re: Operation Wandering Soul

Yep I saw flying elephants......good stuff.
My team member was soooo out there, That he mounted a water buffalo
and dragrace it all the way down the rice paddy.
He tought he was home shifting his mustang down the 1/4 mile.
That chit is sooooo good we still there.
Anyhow I got to go and eat more monkey brains.

"So Moui".___Eom.

Re: "So Moui".___Eom.

numbah ten GI