Return to Website

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com

WWW.Vietnamvets.com was started over 10 years ago by US Navy and Vietnam Veteran Murry Broach.In his Memory this site is lovingly dedicated.  
jinks

ENTER THE CHATROOM

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
on the AOL news this morning....

....this caption--->"Officials said Thursday they'll provide disability benefits to thousands of veterans exposed to Agent Orange residue during the Vietnam War."...
....40-50 years after the fact vets are still dying and/or dealing with rare sicknesses...and after years of government and industry stalling and denials...and outright lying...........and here's the part that pisses me off the most......after all these years and all the veteran deaths...when there are fewer and fewer vets still around to benefit from these payments....where does a large portion of these payments go?...and to who?....if you haven't guessed it by now...here's the scoop....to program administrators...and of course lawyers...and other suits who were never in country....you can take that to the bank....lefty<---getting really steamed up over this bs.

Re: on the AOL news this morning....

Your Right on that lefty..

I remember years ago when the two major chemical companys setteled with the gov on a monatary figure. Congress was blowing alot of hot air after about how the chem companies were being held to the fire and made to pay up for still selling the chemical while knowing it would result in deadly health problems for US!

That settlement was a drop in the bucket, the gov is now paying and its resulting in Billions of dollars over the years and still going up.The two chemical companies are no longer involved because congress of years ago bailed them out by making them pay pennies while fully knowing ALL the Facts of what lays ahead. Oh Ya,,The Lawyers made a big Bundle off that deal also..

BTW....One of those Chemical Companies I really liked, They made some of the best Auto Paint I ever Sprayed! Back in the late 70s two of my Paint Jobs got Best Of Show in LA Roadster Shows with that paint. Who would have known that the same company had a hand in killing some of my good friends..

jinks.....Be careful who you trust!!