Return to Website

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com

WWW.Vietnamvets.com was started over 10 years ago by US Navy and Vietnam Veteran Murry Broach.In his Memory this site is lovingly dedicated.  
jinks

ENTER THE CHATROOM

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gator Aid / Jinks

AB is here and he's got a hankerin for some gator. Have you ever cooked any? Got a good recipe? We don't have those critters around here, have to special order the meat at 30 bucks a pound. Ya I know their crawling under you fence. How bout you grab you machete and wake us a tail. ..Cp

Re: Gator Aid / Jinks

Sorry for taking so long.

Can't help ya on the Gator thing, I never cooked gator so don't know. But I imagine you would deep fry it or maybe BBQ it.

Lisa's brother hunts alot and he says to deep fry it just like you do Fish. He eats all that outdoor stuff from the Everglades where he hunts alot.

I think if it were me I would try and grill it sort of like grilling fish with just a touch of Hickory chips on the fire and a garlic and butter sauce (cook Fresh chopped garlic in butter then strain it and brush liquid on) or maybe just a BBQ Sauce baste.

Happy Eating!!

Jinks!

I am with you on how to prepare alligatormeat. I too would much prefere putting it on the grill, rather than fry it. Good tip you gave us regarding the butterfried fresh cut garlic to brush it with! Putting that tip in my "mental notebook" so to say!

Turned out the alligator-meat is virtually impossible to get now over here, for reasons no one seems to know. Finally however managed to get it in the shape of "jerky" though. I will take it in any way or shape I can though, so I am a happy camper about it anyways!

Tonights fathersday dinner (by the way, "Happy Fathers Day" to you Jinks) will instead be of making burgers on ? for the grill, out of minced Buffalo-meat.

Again, Thank You for the tip regarding the flavouring-brushing. Sounds really yummie!

Sincerely
A.B and CP