Return to Website

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com

WWW.Vietnamvets.com was started over 10 years ago by US Navy and Vietnam Veteran Murry Broach.In his Memory this site is lovingly dedicated.  
jinks

ENTER THE CHATROOM

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
anyone around

Vietnam 1965-1965

USMC 1965/66 in nam. You need to offer more info?

SF, With God, T&N. Chaplain

Re: anyone around

John Mayfield
Vietnam 1965-1965
Served in USAF 1960-1996 (RET).Most interesting were UAE during Desert Shield/Desert Storm. Earned the Gold V for Valor in Vietnam. I am a member of the (TSN) Tan Son Nhut Assn. My name appears under special attacks on base in June 1965. I was in airport when Viet Cong blew it up. I was on second floor having a bon De bon (Vietnamese Beer) when we were attack. Blew out every window and everyone in the wrong place. A Marine saved my life with wounds I attempted to leave when he pulled me back to the floor. About three seconds later the stairs leading down stairs was blown apart. I would have been on those steps had not been for that Marine. My buddie next to me was killed two weeks before I was to return to home. Had three other killed in same route I used for 365 days. Still think of NAM every day of my life. Say guilt and I have it. Why I came home and so many others did not only GOD can answer. Have many other stories. God Bless America and the men who never came home.

John Mayfield
John Mayfield
Vietnam 1965-1965
Served in USAF 1960-1996 (RET).Most interesting were UAE during Desert Shield/Desert Storm. Earned the Gold V for Valor in Vietnam. I am a member of the (TSN) Tan Son Nhut Assn. My name appears under special attacks on base in June 1965. I was in airport when Viet Cong blew it up. I was on second floor having a bon De bon (Vietnamese Beer) when we were attack. Blew out every window and everyone in the wrong place. A Marine saved my life with wounds I attempted to leave when he pulled me back to the floor. About three seconds later the stairs leading down stairs was blown apart. I would have been on those steps had not been for that Marine. My buddie next to me was killed two weeks before I was to return to home. Had three other killed in same route I used for 365 days. Still think of NAM every day of my life. Say guilt and I have it. Why I came home and so many others did not only GOD can answer. Have many other stories. God Bless America and the men who never came home.

Mr. Mayfield, I am so sorry for everything that you went through. My dad did two tours in Vietnam and to this day he still suffers from the horrors of that awful war.

Thanks for e-mail and thanks for your dad service. Were all in this together.