Return to Website

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com

WWW.Vietnamvets.com was started over 10 years ago by US Navy and Vietnam Veteran Murry Broach.In his Memory this site is lovingly dedicated.  
jinks

ENTER THE CHATROOM

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jerry W. Perkins - US Army - 82nd Airborne Vietnam - Assistance Needed

Hello all. My father, Jerry Perkins served in Vietnam around 1969 -1970. Over the years my father ,misplaced his DD-214. In an attempt to help my father seek assistance from the VA and apply for compensation, we requested a new DD-214. The DD-214 he received only had his basic training information on it and had his ranked at a PFC; when my father entered Vietnam he was a Cpl. then promoted to a Sgt. My father also served at Fort Bragg, Fort Polk, and in Germany. I am attempting to fix his DD-214 but my father has no orders, or anything other than a news paper clipping that mentions his previous assignment and tour in Germany. I don't know how else to help him. If you have nay suggestions or if anyone knows of my father and happens to have orders with his name on them, I would greatly appreciate a copy of those orders. I am open to any suggestions as to how to help him. I know requesting a correction to a DD-214 can take years. My father's health is not very well currently, and this situation infuriates to the point of feeling helpless. My father has dealt with many medical issues over the years from colon cancer, a completely damaged lung, multiple heart surgeries, and has had years of issues with PTSD accompanied with severe depression that has had him hospitalized. As a veteran myself, I know what a long process the system can be for veterans in any matter. Help me if you can to make this process at least bearable for my father. Thanks ! Melissa - Iraq Veteran