Return to Website

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com

WWW.Vietnamvets.com was started over 10 years ago by US Navy and Vietnam Veteran Murry Broach.In his Memory this site is lovingly dedicated.  
jinks

ENTER THE CHATROOM

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The question, "where is everyone",,I been gone but Im back......

So here's my story.

Around the 25th of last month I was doing some work on the ceiling in my extra room up on a ladder. Some how I lost my footing about 5 feet up and fell off the ladder and landed on my left side right on the Tile Floor.

The impact was mostly on my left side and I only suffered a humongous bruise running from my left shoulder all the way down to my left ankle. Strange as it seems I Broke my Right Pelvic bone in two places. Sooooo, I got a trip to Sarasota Memorial Hospital in the ambulance. A simple Break you say........No such thing with me..On the way to the Hosp my blood pressure dropped a whole bunch so they did a CAT Scan and found out that the break cut an Artery and I was bleeding internal. They had to do emergency surgery to plug the damaged artery and I had to be topped off with 3 pints of blood. Also because I take Blood thinners for my A-Fib I was taken to the Level one Trauma unit of the Hosp.

So what it all boils down to is after a 2 week stay at the hosp and now under going rehab here at home I will probably be back to normal in about another Painful 5 weeks.

That's where I been. But I'm back.

So all you Cats have a good one and just remember,, I have just declared this website a "Ladder Free Zone".......

Re: The question, "where is everyone",,I been gone but Im back......

Glad u r back and on the road to recovery. Cant keep a good man down for long. Stay with it and good luck. At least u didn't
spoil your sense of humor.

Ouch....

Your grounded. Getting old sucks. In 69 I got blown out of a duce and a half and got a strawberry size bruise on my hip. Now if I sit down in my recliner to hard I bruise my ass. Get well Jinks. ...cp

Jinks, Sir!

I am sorry to learn of your accident. Am however releived to read that you are now in recovering mode. Will keep you in thought for it to be a full such, and one as rapid as possible is.

T G C!

Sincerely
A.B