Return to Website

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com

WWW.Vietnamvets.com was started over 10 years ago by US Navy and Vietnam Veteran Murry Broach.In his Memory this site is lovingly dedicated.  
jinks

ENTER THE CHATROOM

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: We're Vietnam Vets Really Spit On.

I think you mean "were vietnam vets spit on"....not "we're"....what grade are you in pal?

The interesting thing about this subject is you hear about it a lot. But it seems that every time I hear it , it never happened to the guy telling it.

Not saying that it never happened Because I seen a Film once and some punk was spitting threw the fence at GIs getting off a aircraft. I believe this one occurred at Travis AFB in California. That's the only thing I ever seen.

I always said that, "No Self Respecting Soldier would allow anyone to Spit on The Uniform." If this were to happen it is your Duty to issue that Bag of Shit a real Ass Whipping!!

That's what I would do........Of course my Broken Pelvis would have to be good and Healed!!

Regarding getting spit on;
I was never really spit on but I was disputed only once.
I grew up in a Christian environment so the first Sunday I was home I went to church. The pastor recognized me and asked how things were going in Viet Nam. I gave my view point as to how it was. Another young man had returned from Korea so the pastor asked him for his view point. Of course his view was way off from mine but pastor accepted his more readily.
I never mentioned my tour again after that. And to this day I never mention my time in Viet Nam. I do wear my Viet Nam Veteran hat. If asked I will answer, but not till then.

Just re-read an article in the VFW magazine dated March 2016. It concerned educational benefits for we, the Viet Nam veteran. It took the congress about 10 years to finally approve a bill that would give the veteran an allottment each month to use for educational purposes.
For some time it was considered only for "Cold War" veterans but later the Viet Nam veteran was added due to the conditions the combatants were subjeced to. It was determined Nam vets endured much the same hardships as did WW 2 and Korean vets. Also included were non combatant troops who were never in country.
So, no, I was never spit on but I feel we, the Viet Nam veteran has been neglected and disregarded. It was an unpopular political combat strategy and we who were there are now paying the price for what we did.
I have a good friend, an ex Marine who wore a cap stating "Viet Nam veteran and proud of it". Problem is, he was never in country. He also is/was entitled to VA benefits. Question: WHY?
Oh well, nuff said. If I offended anyone, I'm sorry.