Return to Website

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com

WWW.Vietnamvets.com was started over 10 years ago by US Navy and Vietnam Veteran Murry Broach.In his Memory this site is lovingly dedicated.  
jinks

ENTER THE CHATROOM

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: VA benefits compensation

Have you tried the Burn Pit VA site?

Brother go here ( http://vets.yuku.com/ )and read, There is a lot of info and must of the people
there are VA raters. So post you querie and let them send you in the right
direction,roger!
................................Eagle..................................

replying to your post. I am a Nam Vet 69 years old, served with USMC in Quang Tri province at Khe Sahn, dong Ha Con Thien and a few other sites. I too have COPD but i smoke, have had congestive heart failure, and have Parkinsons and spinal stenosis. Have not gotten any confirmation it is from agent orange but it was used widely where i was in 66-67. VA rep just got me approved for benefit 2 mos ago at 1645.00 o month. took 48 yrs since i got out but he got it approved in 3 months. He is a vet also. Hang in there. Things are getting better

Hey there Roger! Thank you for the encouragement. I'm a 78 year old vet and have been trying for almost 4 years now to get upgraded in compensation. Right now I'm rated at 10% with a monthly stipend of about 132 dollars. It's hard to be patient when I can feel my life slowly slipping away. My wife is the one who keeps pushing me and I am truly grateful to have her behind me. We've been together for 55 years and so far this experience is the worst it's ever been for us. But as you said, we are hanging on and trusting God to do a miracle for us. Thank you again for the kind words.

Better late than never. I'm assuming you are in touch with your Service Rep? VFW, Legion, DAV, etc.

The rating system is based on injuries sustained while a member of the Armed Forces. It is not reliant on any Specific War or conduct.

Focus on Your injuries of problems or sickness and don't get caught up in what you hear or even know regarding others. For instance you may have a large gaping hole in your stomach from an enemy round and receive less than a guy who injured his back playing flag football? That is because his back injury is more debilitating than that large 50 caliber scar?

Something I have noticed in my 50 years in the halls. The VA is not the same each generation because shoes are filled and rely on that. New feet in old shoes. The Rating system changes although shouldn't.

Same for Claims..PTSD the number one Complaint now as opposed to actual wounds of war..meaning scarring. PTSD takes time to assess, difficult, to actually answer with any positive result for the Veteran. Some cases severe, some less? This takes time and experts in the field. Recently I think actual Healthcare is terrific, Compensation more difficult.
Good Luck
Old Terd