Return to Website

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com

WWW.Vietnamvets.com was started over 10 years ago by US Navy and Vietnam Veteran Murry Broach.In his Memory this site is lovingly dedicated.  
jinks

ENTER THE CHATROOM

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Call for Veteran Volunteers

Hi. My name is Laura Herman and I am a graduate student earning my doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology at Spalding University in Louisville, KY. For my dissertation research, I am recruiting individuals who served in the military to participate in my study (any branch, era, or amount of time in the service qualifies). I’m looking for volunteers to take about 45 minutes to fill out an anonymous survey.

The data from the survey will be used to help determine if a recently released psychological measure is a fair and accurate tool to be used with those who have served in the military. I want to ensure this new measure does not misidentify personality traits amongst those who have been in the service. This research can help prevent servicepersons and veterans from being mislabeled and stigmatized with mental health diagnoses when one may not actually be warranted. A little bit of your time can help to inform the future of military and veteran mental healthcare.

Additionally, those who complete the survey are eligible to enter a drawing for a $100 pre-paid Visa gift card. Feel free to email me at LHerman@Spalding.edu with any questions you may have about the study. Both of my grandfathers served in the U.S. Army during WWII, hence my interest in protecting those who have protected us. I have a tremendous amount of respect for those who have served our nation. Thank you for considering participation!

Here is the link to the survey if you would like to participate using the digital format:
http://militarysurvey.questionpro.com

Warmest Regards,
Laura Herman, M.A.
Spalding University Doctoral Candidate, Clinical Psychology