Return to Website

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com

WWW.Vietnamvets.com was started over 10 years ago by US Navy and Vietnam Veteran Murry Broach.In his Memory this site is lovingly dedicated.  
jinks

ENTER THE CHATROOM

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
strange days my friends....

....several recent news articles got me shaking my head and I just need to get them off my chest....I hope you all enjoy...
....first, it was announced a week or so ago that a new U.S. Navy warship was being christened the Harvey Milk....you may remember him, he was the gay ex-mayor of San Francisco....and a leading force for the gay rights movement....apparently there was an outcry against naming a Navy ship after the guy...but supporters of the idea proclaimed that it was appropriate siting the fact that ol' Harvey was a veteran...his service record was honorable but average....as was most of ours.......well guess what...there are many veterans out there with heroic and distinguished records and they're not getting all this recognition.....so I'm guessing that it is nothing more than the liberals pandering to the gays again....what a crock!......I wonder what old time navy vets would have to say about serving on that ship....or maybe it will be a ship of gays...that should be interesting...
....and speaking of that....did you all happen to see the news story about our illustrious VP...dufus Joe Biden......he presided over a wedding at his estate recently between two staffers...whatever the hell a staffer is......sounds cool, doesn't it?...well the staffers were both men........so again, in a nation where the majority of the people still consider homosexuality to be aberrant behavior we have a national leader celebrating the gay lifestyle.......and we actually elected these people to public office?....
.....and here's a good one...in the USA today newspaper last week....a mention that the International Olympic Committee was supplying the athletes with a quarter million(you heard that right) condoms...which worked out to....get this...two per day per athlete...wtf!...you gotta be kidding me here....these people are supposed to be the best of the best...looked up to and admired by our children....and what? we expect them to be humping like rabbits?....apparently morals and personal integrity are not taught to...or expected of...these young people...
.......and last...and even more disturbing...a story about a deactivated or abandoned U.S. military base on far northern Greenland....used during the cold war as a missile base......apparently there is alot of stored radioactive material and other poisonous stuff that is kept under hundreds of feet of ice and snow...under the assumption that it will remain frozen forever.....well, guess what folks....with the warming of the planet it is estimated that this material will not remain frozen and will eventually leach into the oceans....probably not in our lifetimes....but it's gonna happen.....
....so, now that I've brightened everyone's day.......you all have a good day....lefty....keep your powder dry.

Re: strange days my friends....

Lefty! Thank you for that taste of most un-newsworthy tripe I have read in quite sometime. Of course our mostly liberal news reporters would consider all of that "news" as earth shattering and "needs to be publicized" type of news.

I've come to the conclusion in my later years, I'm 78 now, that I really could care less about our so called "celebrities", who they are marrying, what movie they are making and what talk show they are guesting on tonight. To hear them talk, it's all about me, myself and I. We make such good company.

Finally, some years ago didn't Biden get into trouble for plagarism? Seems he used some lines from someone else as his own. And they are complaining about Trumps wife copying Michelle Obama? Maybe preachers should stop quoting from the Bible or God will get them.

Like you, nuff said. Later man.