Return to Website

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com

WWW.Vietnamvets.com was started over 10 years ago by US Navy and Vietnam Veteran Murry Broach.In his Memory this site is lovingly dedicated.  
jinks

ENTER THE CHATROOM

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Somber Sunday to ALL! his is what i wrote back 2001. Please read.

September 11, 2001
The day the night-light went out

As I sat there with a good part of the country watching the second airliner hit the south tower. My first thought was of those in both the airliners and buildings. My second thought was this was just like those planes that hit our ships in World War II only on a grander scale than anyone could have thought of. No words can even try to express the effects it has had on us, as a country.

Gone is the feeling of being some what safe on our own soil. The phrase “Not in my back yard” will never apply here again. We as a country are bouncing back. We have shown the world what we as AMERICANS are made of. We have rushed to rescue those we can. We stood in line for hours to give blood. We handed out sneakers to those who had to walk up Manhattan in high heels. Gave out food and drink as they past our stores. All over the country we are giving food, supplies, money and manpower to that rescue.

Most of all we are giving our prayers. We are coming to grips with the fact that being happy with what you have is very important. Those who lost love ones; friends, fellow workers or people they just saw yesterday know that to well now. Our hearts go out to them. We are Americans and there is no finer way to group us than into one word that is being called AMERICANS. Those Twin towers were just one symbol of our country and we have many, but none greater that its people.

We are Americans, we will go on, we will be stronger, and we will rid the world of those who have done this to us. God Bless the U.S.A.

September 18,2001 With God Then & Now
Chaplain Flexer