Return to Website

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com

WWW.Vietnamvets.com was started over 10 years ago by US Navy and Vietnam Veteran Murry Broach.In his Memory this site is lovingly dedicated.  
jinks

ENTER THE CHATROOM

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Being a veteran

This is something I wrote up a day before Veterans Day and didn't get it posted.

Hopefully it fits many veterans like myself.

I am a veteran, a label I wear proudly. The cap I wear proclaims it boldy for any and all to see: VIET NAM VETERAN! Yet many who see and read it don't give me a second glance.

Perhaps they too were in that foreign land many years past and memories return of that troublesome time.

Ours was not a joyful and happy tour. So many died without a cause to keep strangers in that foreign land free.

And when at last we gave it up our brave ones returned home. They had faught the good fight with no real goal in sight; weary, worn and confused. Wondering why they had served their time and not winning.

Yes, I am a veteran, acknowledge me or not.

What did you do during that time so many gave their lives?

Re: Being a veteran

hi old fart.

As far as my outlook on the war goes, I guess I was one of those Guys that believed that Vietnam really needed our help. I still do believe that today, but things seemed to become politicized and then went Crazy.

I remember I told a SGT that very thing once, he just told me that I was a very "Confused individual from California". Maybe so....

But like I said I still think that the People of South Vietnam needed our help.

I'm probably in a big minority on this one too when I say that I think the people of Syria are in dyer need of our help also. The Russians are in it and whenever they are involved thousands of innocent people die. We should have settled it up with Russia back in the 60s they are the real enemy and have always been.

As far as my unit hat,, Believe it or not this Veterans Day I have been thanked for my service more than any time in my life. Even got 10% off at the Super Market. I sometimes wonder if they are not Confused..But Im still proud to Be a Veteran.

Anyway Nice to see ya Old Fart....and.... "Thank you and all who come here for serving"!

Re: Being a veteran

Old Farto and El Jinko this our song....skip the commercial.
I'm a warrior and this song, Crank the volume up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a0ORdQU

.........................Eagle...............................