Return to Website

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com

WWW.Vietnamvets.com was started over 10 years ago by US Navy and Vietnam Veteran Murry Broach.In his Memory this site is lovingly dedicated.  
jinks

ENTER THE CHATROOM

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Very, very SAD!

To see this Veterans board void of all (but a few faithful Men) who use to come here to vent, show support for one another and strangers alike. I hope Murry can't see this. And Jinks pays a fortune to keep it up and running because of a promise he made to Murry. Chaplin Flexer rarely gets a thank you, or even just a hello. He's been so faithful and does it for all of you. Even AB the muther of all search and find, vanished for facebook happy trails.. and I see people that ask for help, no replies. Not that that is AB's job, but he was amazing wasn't he. <-- no question marks because I don't expect anyone will read this except Jinks and Chaplin Flexer. Which is fine. No more night Owl partys, no full chatroom meeting, just silence.

I guess life goes on and most of you all don't need anyone or anything. That's sad to me, but non-the-less I pray you're all doing well and have found a safe haven to go to. I do hope you remember the happy days, the brotherhood, friendships and help you always gave to each other, I hope you remember all of that. Our time on this earth is just about over, most of us anyway and I hope that you know it was all very real here for us. Not trying to bum anyone out, I'm bumbed, seeing this board like this, I am bumbed. But I guess that is life... things change, I hate change! But that's like I guess.

To this day, love you all and thank you for all of your sacrifices, then and now, I know life has been tough for many of you and for your familes. You had to fight for everything and still are, which pisses me off still! I am glad I got to know all of you, even those who didn't care for me, tis alright. You Men paved the way for all the others and made it a better road for them to return home too. I will never forget any of you and I am blessed for the true friendships I made here. More than anything I met the love of my life here and I am so proud of the man he is. He's the best thing that has ever happened to me. He's been through so much more than any of you will ever know and still he stays strong, he keeps his word to all, at 70 yrs old he is still busting his ass for others. And I am so proud of you Jinks, so proud. I wish you could have had a better life, because no one I have ever known deserves more than you do.

Maybe one day I'll come here and see all of you Guys and yes Gals, EVEN SPIKE... shooting the $h!t. I never say never. But just so you know, all of you our forever etched into my heart, one way or another and in my prayers. Take good care of yourselves and hug the ones you love, life is so short. Don't blink.
"...love knows not it's own depth
until the hour of our final separation."

God bless you, Lisa aka Youngun (thanks Murry for the nickname, You Sir, left your mark on ALL of us!!)

WOW so nice to see you here!, I have....

missed you so I kept asking where you had gone? It seems like we lost so many. I feel great after a sad weekend to see you post. SF, With God, T&N. Chaplain

Re: I'm sorry I haven't kept in touch Chap!!

I'm sorry you had a sad weekend, I know many did. I think those feelings are year round, feelings and memories, but Memorial day and anniversary dates bring everything to the surface even more. Think of all the good you have done for so many and for so long Chaplin Flexer!! Many have gotten through so much because of you being there for them, your prayers and yes, even your posts. I just think they are silent about most of it.

It feels so good to hear from you. I just sent you an email, lets stay in touch. Keep posting your prayers Chap! God's watching! I love you, take care and I will talk to you soon. Lisa xoxoxo Geeeeez Jinks do you have to have that stupid thingy we all have to type in just to post a message, I can't see good and I keep typing in the wrong letters and numbers cut us blind old people a break will you. lol xo