Return to Website

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com

WWW.Vietnamvets.com was started over 10 years ago by US Navy and Vietnam Veteran Murry Broach.In his Memory this site is lovingly dedicated.  
jinks

ENTER THE CHATROOM

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IU Sit-Rep

Folks support the AMVETS. They are the only ones seriously fighting for us.
This a clip from them,

"Read This SitRep from AMVETS' National Executive Director, Joe Chenelly. Spread the word.

"This morning's meeting with VA Secretary Shulkin was the first in what will be several conversations with senior Administration officials. The Secretary and his advisers are now well aware of not only our strong opposition but also why we are prepared to fight this with everything we have. Our focus needs to be on the White House for now as well as educating Congress.

I am not sure President Trump or his closest staff are aware of just how serious this is. I believe this morning's meeting was a large step in that direction, but we have a lot of work ahead of us.

We explained to Secretary Shulkin that this would take about 50 percent of a service-connected senior citizen veteran's compensation, driving many into poverty, homelessness, taking away health care insurance for many spouses. We explained about how this would devastate veterans who are receiving state tax credits.

We pointed out to the Secretary that this proposal is in fact not legal at this point. Of course, Congress could change those laws if they wanted, so we are not resting on that.

We reminded the Secretary that there are 20 suicides a day among veterans. About 2/3 of those who die in that way are or are near senior citizens. This is not a group that should be asked to sacrifice more.

This is just the beginning. But I firmly believe we can defeat this proposal and protect our fellow veterans if we come together in a strong, meaningful way. Please stay tuned as we prepare the next vital steps in stopping any cut to IU."