Return to Website

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com

WWW.Vietnamvets.com was started over 10 years ago by US Navy and Vietnam Veteran Murry Broach.In his Memory this site is lovingly dedicated.  
jinks

ENTER THE CHATROOM

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ah yes ... but the times, they are a changin'

Fta

The 3.6 Billion is to make up for the amount that the last congress Short Changed us with the return of the Iraqi and Afgan. vets.

The 2008 new Budget paragraph is only the Recomendations of the 4 VSOs. I can assure you that it dosen't match GWs budget thats coming out. Both Congress and the Senate are going to have to fight him to get that recommended amount.

Note one other thing:
I seem to recall there being 5 VSOs fighting together last year. Now theres only 4. What happened to the American Legion? Could it be that because of Paul Morins stand on insisting being a "Vietnam Vet" when he really never left New Jersey that the others dumped them? Or maybe his pro Bush stance? I wonder..

jinks

Yep, W didn't get enough combat time down there in Texas

to have a real appreciation for what it's like. His record is one of letting the budget cutters have a free hand. Remember the General who wanted to kill Social Security Disability pay for 100% disabled veterans? It died a quick death but just the fact that it was seriously floated around by the Administration's commission convinced me that the word from above is cut back on veterans benefits.

But I wouldn't expect things to get any better if HildaBeast gets elected.