Return to Website

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com

WWW.Vietnamvets.com was started over 10 years ago by US Navy and Vietnam Veteran Murry Broach.In his Memory this site is lovingly dedicated.  
jinks

ENTER THE CHATROOM

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Wise words O.W., as always

I agree with much of what you say. And regarding this Fonda rally at The Wall...

To see the collection of fringe groups she has allied herself with is to realize how hard-up she is for legitimate support. She's aligned herself with a Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transsexual group out of San Francisco where else?) and with numerous pro-Islamic, pro-Terrorist (i.e. "Freedom Fighter") groups from the Philippines, Nicaragua and various Mideast countries...and the only thing all these assorted whack jobs have in common is that they are all anti-American, anti-military and anti-Republican and that they have the free time to show up to give her the bods she needs to make her "movement" look impressive for the TV crews that will be out to give her maximum coverage.

It is much harder for people who have a life, for people who have families, jobs and responsibilites, to get time off to travel in order to counter the demonstrations put on by these Leftists and losers. Because frankly, that's what they are. They are outcasts from society. The only way they can feel accepted is to team up with other groups who are equally outcast.

I am not a radical Right Wing Republican. I am not by any means a Bush cheerleader. But I am an American patriot, and I can honor fellow American patriots no matter what political party they belong to...but the rhetoric coming from many Democrats these days makes it plain that they just want Bush to fail anyway he can...they want his war to fail...as shocking as it sounds, I believe many of them would secretly welcome a serious rise in the American death toll in Iraq so they can blame Bush. They hate him so much I truly believe they'd sacrifice the lives of American kids if it meant failure, defeat and disgrace of Bush and his initiatives. And that's what troubles me. Their loathing for him surpasses their love of country. Hate Bush, defeat Bush, disgrace Bush at any cost.

Re: Wise words O.W., as always

Thing of it is the towels WILL HURT our kids and kill at will if we allow them to do so. I am not a radical nothing, just a retired ole investigator that keeps up with the news and has an opinion, of which I will sherk from no one and give it. We need to get the painty waisted liberal reporters out of the zone and give our boys a free hand to take care of business. We are coming off as a very soft nation, and they are useing our own political correctness and law against us , some have manipulated our own compassion for others rights, against us. Our nation is still the greatest in the world, but really folks, but how long.. I approve what our Commander and Chief has done and will stand behind his decisions. I have not heard one thing from obamma nor clinton saying how to fix what. They don't have a clue. Myself, I wish the pres would envoke the War Powers Act until the war is over and we are safe again, or at least a bit "safer"
at least.
You guys and ladies take care, I'm off my soap box for a spell.

OW

Re: Re: Wise words O.W., as always

You are one scary dude, old warrior. You are flat out saying that you want to give up your freedom - turn it over voluntarily because of what? FEAR?

I am glad that most of our fellow Americans seem to be made of sterner stuff. Cowardice should never be the driving force in our national policy.

You say that you support Bush - but you don't, not really. You do not support the impossible mission that he created for our troops.

Bush's goal is to create an America/Israel friendly Iraqi democracy - remember winning the hearts and minds?. You want the troops turned to loose to kill anything that looks like it might oppose them. Sadly, the two goals are not supportive of each other.

Me, I want our kids out of the butcher's shop. Let the Iraqis kill each other to their hearts' content. It is not our fight and never has been. Bush abandoned our fight when he pulled nearly all of our troops out of Afghanistan and left Bin Laden and his bunch to die of old age.

And that is my opinion - which I will also not shirk from giving.