Return to Website

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com

WWW.Vietnamvets.com was started over 10 years ago by US Navy and Vietnam Veteran Murry Broach.In his Memory this site is lovingly dedicated.  
jinks

ENTER THE CHATROOM

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Fishing for Florida Catfish

Walt

I start fishing for catfish this time of year. Lots of people don't like catfish but I only catch and keep the Channel Catfish. It is an excellent tasting fish.

I grew up in california but my Mom was from Jonesboro Arkansas. She taught me how to make a catfish dinner. Over the years I only changed one thing, I don't fry them useing that big can of LARD anymore, the Doc said to lighten up on that stuff. But I still roll the filets in the Family Secret seasoned Yellow Cornmeal and fry till golden brown and crisp.

This time of year at the lake where I fish is about 10 minutes from here and the water is Clear and the moss has all died off and its very deep. Average size fish I keep is 10 to 14 pounds. Only need to keep three.

Now heres some tips for you that never fished Florida. I learned them the hard way! When you catch your fish keep them in a Bucket,NOT ON A STRINGER IN THE WATER. theres these other things called Gators in the lakes that just love to help themselves to that free meal in the water. and yes they will eat the stringer too. I also advise that if they do get your stringer of fish that you do not grab it and try to pull it out of the gators Mouth cause he WILL WIN!

O-Ya, I also recommend NOT taking a NAP while bank Fishing here, Its possable you will have a very Rude awakening!

This Concrete Cowboy From the Big City learned all that the hard way!

I have made it 6 years here! So its all "jinksville" now!

Who ever said Fishing ain't a dangerous sport??

jinks....