Return to Website

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com

WWW.Vietnamvets.com was started over 10 years ago by US Navy and Vietnam Veteran Murry Broach.In his Memory this site is lovingly dedicated.  
jinks

ENTER THE CHATROOM

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
This Is A Letter That An Mother Wrote In Ref: To Her Son Serving In Iraq, I was Asked To Post It.

My son, My American Hero

Julieann Najar
soldiersmother2@charter.net

I am shocked and very angry at the lack of our politicians to stop the bickering between them and the posturing for the media at the expensive of our troops who are being used as pawns. When you ask our young men and women to go and fight for a cause and then you decide that maybe you want to change your minds when they haven't finished their mission. What is this, monopoly?

This is not a child's game this is our children. This is MY child.

And when the media and the newspapers allow traitors like Jane Fonda to shoot her mouth off. I hold her personally responsible for the deaths of some of our troops due to her actions in Vietnam.

I find it unnerving that "Axis Sally" and "Tokyo Rose" went to prison for treason and Jane Fonda, NOTHING! Give me a break, not on MY child's watch. She has a son why didn't he serve his country?

And now we have to watch as our own Senators do the same thing to the new generation of soldiers. You ask our children to defend our country and now YOU pick and choose which one is popular to you. At the time.And who made you God. I know I didn't.Then you have the protesters,who act like this is some kind of party to them and a throw back to the 60's ,and the damage they did to our troops then will never be mended. They were cruel, ignorant and stupid to our returning Vietnam vets., but not this time around.Not with MY child.

And I am so sick of the mainstream media and the papers printing half-truths. You talk about polls on President Bush and the war. Well, no one called MY child or me.

I met President Bush in March of 2006 in the Oval Office of the White House. And he not only talked to 15 of us there. But he personally came and sat next to me and took my hand in his and asked me what I thought and I told the most powerful man I had ever met about Adam Plumador, who died a hero in Iraq in 2004, and his very brave mother and family who planted a tree in their front yard in Oregon for him.

And for others to try and undermine this hero is shameful. How it is that politicians can use the media and us to promote their agenda and yet no one ever asks us or MY child.

This is not just about Iraq or Afghanistan, its about Somalia, Vietnam, Korea .You ask and our troops go. And then you "desert" them, or expect them to fight with "one arm behind their back" as that is what the media, politicians, and newspapers do daily..

Where is the truth in what is going on? If we had this much "bias" media and news reporting in the D-day invasion with my father. We would all be speaking fluent Japanese and German and living under a dictatorship. So we need to wake up and stop putting a band aid on a very large wound, it won't work.

There have been warnings for several years. But so many forget about Beirut bombing that killed about 241,or the 1983 bombing where 17 Americans died, and the marine that was killed by a sniper a few days later. And I find it strange how a flight from the Sinai with 248, 101st airborne coming home for Christmas on Dec. 12 th, 1985 explodes on take off and it's called an accident.

Or the kidnapping of Lt..Col.William Higgins in 1988 and hung. The bombing of TWA in Scotland, but I bet the families of these have NEVER forgotten. Funny how we have such short term memories when its not one of our family members. But I don't, and neither does MY child.

And if the war on terror is a real threat to all America and our way of life, why are only a few required to defend the rest? Why are so few fighting and protecting so many?

The newspapers with their sensationalism, the politicians with their political agenda, and the media with their "no.1 slot" it's never about our troops. So I am standing up and asking all Americans to do the same and stop this insanity.

My son is my hero. And believe me he and our entire military are heroes to most Americans.

Our military would be the first ones called when these protestors are attacked by foreign killers and the protestors would be the first ones to blame our troops when things don't go the way they want.

Wake up America! I say this to all politicians, Republicans, Democrats and Independent. You should ALL be ashamed of yourselves!

You fight while my son and many like him are doing what you asked of them. So if you want to debate this further. Do us all a favor and do it in the middle of Iraq, with a 70lb back pack, canteen of warm water, an m-16, heavy helmet, sweat pouring down your face, bugs eating you up and oh ,yeah and Some one trying to kill you!

You want to play game with our troop's lives? NOT WITH MY SON YOU WON'T

A VERY PROUD MOTHER OF A SOLDIER SERVING HIS COUNTRY IN IRAQ

Julieann Najar

Re: This Is A Letter That An Mother Wrote In Ref: To Her Son Serving In Iraq, I was Asked To Post It

Here I am again, seems there are many topics in the new board I can't read them all without trying to expand some. Firstly, in my weekly letters to the senate and congress, I try to tell it like it is.The return letters from the senators/congressmen are getting slower, guess they are tired of me asking why are the journalist are there, why are they allowed to tell the enemy our weak spots here, why is fonda not yet locked up along with her sheehan bud in arms. EVERY AMERICAN should do their part in helping these returning vets, seek one out before they get home, send goodie boxes. Our auto club, The North Ga Mopar Club @ NorthGaMopar.com, has been sending boxes since 01. Our web site has a link to our HERO fund. Check it out on the web.We are sending an average of two/three boxes a week at a cost of 150 a box average and are keeping trac of the folks when they return home, where the help does not stop at the mailbox.

Get in touch with us or others like us and donate something. We collect several hundred dollars each show and have retailers helping out. Lets do our part helping the folks, not tearing them apart as the bleeding heart , pansy waisted sheehans and fondas are doing.

OW