Return to Website

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com

WWW.Vietnamvets.com was started over 10 years ago by US Navy and Vietnam Veteran Murry Broach.In his Memory this site is lovingly dedicated.  
jinks

ENTER THE CHATROOM

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: This Story Is Distrubing, So Heads UP. Pass If You Wish.

Yes this is very disturbing. A kid , rather a man , across the street,I watched him grow from a new baby to serving a tour in Bosnia, two in Afgan and three in Iraq. He is home now, a real Marines Marine, but without issues. He firstly jumped into law enforcement, the was the police like them, gungho and full of yes sirs. He has PTSD so bad he won't be able to function and the cops are still allowing him to be one of theirs.He has many probloms includeing bad rage at the drop of a hat. he has lasped into spousal abuse, cops have been to the house on a regular basis but do nothing, he is one of their own.They made him take sick leave and he is seeing the shrink in Dublin. He is in danger of loseing his job, already has lost his civil mind. He is a robot, period, a large, 25 year old mechanical action robot. I thought I was bad with my probs but this dude has lots of us beat real bad.I just hope he gets the help he needs instead of waiting 30 years as some of us did before it was declared PTSD. Waiting 30 years isn't a good thing to do, but we didn't know I had PTSD > They are treating PTSD fairly well but this war isn't like the war in Nam, I believe in lots of ways its worse.

I used to help the Air Ministry here with their plane, just to help out. Now I try to help the men and women returning as much as I can. Working with the local Veterans here helps me. We still have a piss of class every thursday, its grown from about 20 Vietnam vets only to maybe 6 vietnam era vets and 35 area Iraq era vets. The stories these boys tell when their time to vent comes will scare the bejesus out of the regular non combat average person. We just get up and vent what pissed us off the week prior, us viet vets are now mostly keeping quiet. We used to complain about piddily matters, but now we keep quiet and listen to some real probs. Best thing we can do to help our men/women is listen. These guys want so much to talk to others that have walked the walk.

Just seek them out, they are everyplace and we, being who/what we are, they are not hard to spot. The 300yd stare is still there, loud noises, even babies crying, drives some up the wall. As vets ourselves we should shoulder the burden and each one of us needs to befrend a vet.. The younger they are the more troubled most are, as we were. These guys grew up very fast and we need to help them grow old.

Take care all.

OW

Yep it is up to us.

We need to help the new guys all we can. Need to show them the ropes and not to make the mistakes we made.

Good advise
jinks