Return to Website

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com

WWW.Vietnamvets.com was started over 10 years ago by US Navy and Vietnam Veteran Murry Broach.In his Memory this site is lovingly dedicated.  
jinks

ENTER THE CHATROOM

Welcome to www.vietnamvets.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: The difference between the VN protestors and now is

Actually, I don't think that you understand MY position. I have absolutely NEVER said anything against striking back at the people who attacked us on 9/11. Indeed, much of my anger at the current fool who is pretending to be a president of the U.S. stems from his turning his back on those people and allowing them to go free. Rumsfeld, Cheney and Shrub literally turned their backs and let the Afghanis turn Bin Laden loose - and they have allowed him to remain loose for more than three years. There is no excuse for that - period.

The other primary reason for my anger with the assholes currently running the country is that INSTEAD of going after the people who attacked us, they decided to use the 9/11 attack as an excuse to try to restructure the Middle East into a more Israel and West friendly place by overthrowing a pissant dictator - oh, and also as a chance to make a shitpot full of their friends even richer in the process.

It was such an incredibly naive and stupid thing to do. These days, everybody plays along with the lies and pretends that nobody could see how Iraq would sink into the swamp that it has become - but that is pure BS. Nearly every experienced military man willing to talk predicted what happened.

Now, we have been tied up in that crap for longer than it took us to defeat the Germans, the Japanese and all of their allies - Iraq has lasted longer than WWII. Our military is warned down to a nub and their equipment is worn out. All because a bunch of chicken hawks who hid when the war of their generation wanted to send other people's kids out to die in the name of their social science project in the desert.

Yes, I hate Bush - see the above reasons. I wasn't born hating the shitheel, he earned it full out.

And I do not need to walk a mile in your shoes, friend. I have shoes of my own and I have walked my own miles.