Return to Website

San Diego Love on A Leash: Forum

Thank you for visiting this message forum.  Please post your comments, questions and ideas here to help us better serve your needs and others in our community.  Remember to enter the code shown at the bottom of your messege, before you post it. We appreciate your participation.

Thank you and have a nice day!  

San Diego Love on A Leash: Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Star of the Month

Last month the star team was Caper with Todge and Missy. They do visits at different places almost every day of the week and we do appreciate their dedication!

This month, I would like to give the to Yvonne and Amy Shellhammer and their lovely dog, Sally. Our chapter was in need of a new banner as ours had our old name on it. Without hesitation, Yvonne got to work and made not one, but two banners for us! Missy can use one at the libraries if she wants and then we can use the other one for the school visits, promote ourselves when we have a booth at local fairs or events, etc.

Thank you Shellhammer team!

Re: Star of the Month

Well deserved accolades for both teams!! Thank you and congratulations, Missy, Todge, and Caper, and Yvonne, Amy, and Sally!! We love you for all that you do and for the examples you set for us!!

Yippee! I agree 100% for a job well done and way above the call of duty.
Bill

Wise choice, Robin!

I'm still shocked at how fast Yvonne got the banner(s) done!

No wonder she doesn't have time to check her emails. Ha!

Re: Re: Star of the Month

Nancy, you are just so quick with your qwips!! Very, very funny!! And you come up with the cutest little pictures, too. How do you do that?? I'm very unimaginative, I guess!!

Okay, I think I'm going to have to change this from Star of the Month, to Star of the Week or maybe even Star of the Day with all these terrific things so many of our members are doing for the chapter.

goes to Bill for all his work on the brochures, info cards and information/ID cards for the pets.

goes to Nancy for the wonderful donation of scarves for our reading pets.

I don't think there is a big enough for Bill when it comes to the brochures. So glad he only lives two homes down from my folks as I've gone over there several times picking up new discs with brochure information on it. Bill has had to tweak it several times. To try to lighten up some of the pictures because the printer thought they were too dark. Then the printer also suggested moving the border out a little more. Then the pictures were too light, so Bill had to change them again. Then he had to adjust the headings each time as they moved around depending on what he did with the pictures. Then we added the word 'Email' in front of the email address as it looked like it was the website address. On and on. Bill was a real trouper and I delivered the final disc to the printer by 4:30 pm on Friday. They will have the brochures ready to be picked up by Monday afternoon, just in time for our Seaworld visit on Tuesday. Bill, two for you and your dedication to our chapter.

Yes, Bill does deserve the Star of the Month award.
Anyone else would be pulling their hair out and shouting profanities while creating our new brochure, but Bill takes it in his stride.

I'm so happy the brochures will be ready for Tuesday's Seaworld visit. That timing worked out well.

I appreciate being including in Robin's announcement. But I can't hold a to Bill. He is Georgio, our Italian Webmaster!

Thanks, but no for me. I can't hold to the other Board members who are busy drumming up visits and new members, obtaining donations, going on visits and holding this Chapter together . I just sit in my confy chair at my lonely computer , listening to Italian music while you all do all the hard work. All of you deserve a . Thank you for all that you do .
Giorgio

That's what was missing when I came by and was in the office with you. No Italian music.

You did an excellent job. I truly enjoy working with everyone on this board as we work so very well as a team.

I have been a little behind times in giving out this month. All those who participated at our booth during the dog park event, as well as the judges in the American Fido Contest, all get huge and a . This would include Bill, Kathy, Pam, Laura Ball and also I believe Linda Bibbs, who showed up for a bit. I hope I didn't leave anyone out.

Big also go to Nancy, our Education Coodinator, who once again organized a school visit with some of our dogs.

Thank you all for being so active in our chapter. You all rock!

If the budget allows, maybe the Board could vote for best team of the year award. I met Hanne Asbaugh (858) 618-5932 at the dog walk. She does canine and feline massage therapy for about $50.00. What a nice prize for the most deserving team. Maybe even through in a massage for the owner too. This may encourage more participation in 2007.

Members could post their team activities during 2006. I assume Board members would be excluded of have a seperate prize ???????????

Can we add this to the Nov. agenda?

Giorgio.

I'll add it to the list of items to discuss. Gee, we only have eight agenda items. Last time we had 17!!!!

It's been a while, but I would definitely have to say the shining this month is Nancy! She not only has been working hard on our chapter scarves, but she has also organized our booth at the Escondido Boutique. Thank you, Nancy. What would we do without you??

Aw, shucks. (Note blushing smilie here)

I enjoy the way our chapter has evolved. It takes work to get everything set up with our new chapter name and logo, but in doing so I've been blessed with meeting and spending time with such wonderful people.

I appreciate the honor bestowed upon me as this month's star.