Return to Website

San Diego Love on A Leash: Forum

Thank you for visiting this message forum.  Please post your comments, questions and ideas here to help us better serve your needs and others in our community.  Remember to enter the code shown at the bottom of your messege, before you post it. We appreciate your participation.

Thank you and have a nice day!  

San Diego Love on A Leash: Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
March 25 EHS Dog Walk

Candy, Sweet Pea's Mommy, has given our San Diego LOAL use of a FREE booth at this year's Paws in the Park Dog Walk. The Escondido Humane Society is holding it's 2nd Paws in the Park fundraiser in Kit Carson Park in Escondido.

Candy and Sweet Pea are a new therapy team in our chapter of LOAL as well as being SUPER involved with the Escondido Humane Society. In fact, Sweet Pea the cat is THE Ambassador Cat for EHS.

So here's another date to add to our busy schedules: Sunday, March 25th at Kit Carson Park for the EHS Paws in the Park Dog Walk & our LOAL booth.

And a big THANKS to Candy for the booth!

Re: March 25 EHS Dog Walk

Wow, how generous! Thank you, Candy and Sweetpea. We'll add this to our calendar.

Re: Re: March 25 EHS Dog Walk

How fun!! Thanks, Candy!!

The Escondido Humane Society's website has been updated. It is now possible to find more specific information about their Paws in the Park fundraiser event.

Look up www.escondidohumanesociety.org for all the information and to register. I think signing up as a Pack sounds like fun. Only dogs are allowed to attend, so Moorea, Mike, & I can cheer from the sidelines along the route.

So, who's going to sign up to be part of the San Diego LOAL PACK?

Candy & Sweetpea and Mike, Moorea, & I can work the booth with any members who do not have dogs.

Hey, bringing this to the top of the list to start talking about again as March 25 is right around the corner. We need folks to staff the booth. Since it's just until noon, one shift will do and those who can't do the whole thing can come and go as long as we have at least two people there at all times. I can bring a pop up canopy as well as a purple table top and all the other items we need for the booth including the fire hydrant, the one that is also our fire hydrant bank. We can do the drawing again with a gift basket. Folks have to count how many doggy bones are in the jar we have (Nancy know's how many, but shhh, it's secret). I have the brochures and the item we used to disply the brochures, etc.
We still need a folding table and two folding chairs. I think I have the banner. Will have to check in the garage. If not, Kathy must have it as we are the two who took everything home from the last event.

Soooo, who can staff the booth with us??? Dogs are definitely welcome(wearing the vests). I will be there with either Cody or Dana or both. We'll see...

Sign up Mike & me to work at our S.D. LOAL booth on March 25th. We can work the entire time. We do not plan to do the walk.

We also have a good table & a couple chairs, so we've got it covered. I think Kathy must have the big fire hydrant, which Moorea donated to her dog-buddies.
If she can drop that off to us or bring it to our Feb. 28th board meeting, then I think we will have everything we need.

Moorea asks that you do NOT sign her up for working the booth this time - too many canines! She's afraid she will get laryngitis from hissing and growling the entire morning.

Yeah, thank you Mike and Nancy! I'll be there the whole time, too.

I have the fire hydrants, etc. We'll need more brochures printed up. I'll take care of that before the event. I have a major fundraiser the day before the this fundraiser. I'll be 'fundraiser' burned out by the end of that weekend

Re: Re: March 25 EHS Dog Walk

As I mentioned in my e-mail, I will be there the whole time, too. What's the time frame?

The booth needs to be set up by 8:00 a.m. (the walk starts at 9 a.m.). We'll take down the booth around noon.

Kit Carson Park, behind Westfield's North County Fair Mall in Escondido, is wonderful place. We'll have to take turns going over to see Queen Califia's Magical Circle of Niki de Saint Phalle's sculptures.

Let's just hope it's not so windy as Escondido was in December, the last time we set up our LOAL booth!