Return to Website

San Diego Love on A Leash: Forum

Thank you for visiting this message forum.  Please post your comments, questions and ideas here to help us better serve your needs and others in our community.  Remember to enter the code shown at the bottom of your messege, before you post it. We appreciate your participation.

Thank you and have a nice day!  

San Diego Love on A Leash: Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Seminar

Nancy and I (and Cody) attended a seminar yesteday that dealt with information pertaining to the benefits of pet assisted therapy. While a small audience, the lecture was informative and most of the questions were valid and pertinent. We wound up walking out of there with a few good connections as well as one person who has gone through all her training with Pawsitive Teams and may be intersted in joining our chapter . I wish there were more of these types of seminars/workshops/conferences in San Diego as it would give all the different groups an opportunity to network and learn.

Re: Seminar

I agree with Robin, that this seminar with Dr. John L. Pitts D.V.M. was informative and affirming. We learned some new things & were affirmed in what we do by getting statisitcs about how beneficial our volunteer work is for children as well as adults.

As happens with most seminars, one of the greatest benefits is the networking that goes on after (& sometimes during) the presentation. I was interested in connecting with 2 woman who work at a psychiatric facility off Rosecrans. They have seen the benefits of pets with their patients & would like regular visits arranged.

And another bonus of yesterday's seminar is spending time together. While riding the HOV lanes together, I enjoyed talking and laughing with Robin and petting Cody. A great afternoon all around! And last night I was researching many of the sites Dr. Pitts mentioned in his presentation.