Return to Website

San Diego Love on A Leash: Forum

Thank you for visiting this message forum.  Please post your comments, questions and ideas here to help us better serve your needs and others in our community.  Remember to enter the code shown at the bottom of your messege, before you post it. We appreciate your participation.

Thank you and have a nice day!  

San Diego Love on A Leash: Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Health issues at facilities

Hello all,

The flu season is upon us and unfortunately, a few of our senior facilities have recently been hit hard. Two have been closed to visitors this past week.

What makes it even more unfortunate is that some of our volunteers are not finding out about the restriction of visitors until they arrive at the facility and are turned away. This means you have taken the time to bathe and groom your and taken the time to drive the distance.

To assure this does not happen often, please contact the activity director at the facility or facilities you visit and ask them to call or email you if the facility will be closed to visitors. Or, call the day before your visit to see if visitors are allowed.

Thank you for all your time and dedication. Be assured your visits bring lots of to all those who you see.

Re: Health issues at facilities

Thanks for the tip, Robin.
Moorea, Mike, & I had no problem at Remington Club on Monday. We were joined by Todge & Caper , and Edith & Daffany ,

Saturday we are scheduled to visit Belmont Village, but I'll be sure to call before we leave home to find out if they have the "Grinch bug" at their facility, or if we can visit. I'll email Laura Ball to warn her to call Belmont Village before washing Amber.

That's good advice, Robin. I will ask the Arbors to notify me next time visitors aren't allowed. I called them a few days ago, and things are slowly returning to normal.

Thankfully, Remington Club's Health Care Center and Belmont Village have not had health problems. We've been able to visit everytime we've planned.

Today there was a sign posted on the door of Belmont Village when Laura & Amber, Julie & Keiko, and I arrived for our Saturday visit. It warned that stomach flu had arrived at that facility.

I talked to the receptionist at the desk & he told me the worst hit was last week. Their New Year's Eve party had to be cancelled, but was held last night.

Since we do not visit residents' rooms, we felt it was safe to do our scheduled visits in the two open areas where we always go.

Well, glad they were over the worst of it. I hope you all had a lovely visit.