Return to Website

San Diego Love on A Leash: Forum

Thank you for visiting this message forum.  Please post your comments, questions and ideas here to help us better serve your needs and others in our community.  Remember to enter the code shown at the bottom of your messege, before you post it. We appreciate your participation.

Thank you and have a nice day!  

San Diego Love on A Leash: Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Psychotherapists using AAT?

Hello all,

My name is Karin Willison and I am a marriage and family therapist intern who recently finished my M.A. in psychology at Antioch University in L.A. I am moving to San Diego in January and am trying to find psychotherapists and/or social workers who use AAT in their professional work. I will be looking for psychotherapy intern positions in SD and would love to find a place where my dog and the love he brings is welcomed.

Any information you all have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Psychotherapists using AAT?

Hello Karen,

Thank you for stopping by and posting your information. It is so wonderful that you are interested in becoming involved in AAT (Animal Assisted Therapy). You may want to contact the various hospitals throughout the county to see if any of them utilize it during therapy.

I'm afraid our National organization does not cover those in the program to utilize their pets during working hours. The insurance policy only covers those who are doing volunteer work. When on a payroll, you will need to find out if your employer will cover you for any accidents which might occur while using your pet. Many of the hospitals also have their own ATT programs (training, supervising, etc.).

Best of luck