Return to Website

San Diego Love on A Leash: Forum

Thank you for visiting this message forum.  Please post your comments, questions and ideas here to help us better serve your needs and others in our community.  Remember to enter the code shown at the bottom of your messege, before you post it. We appreciate your participation.

Thank you and have a nice day!  

San Diego Love on A Leash: Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cat Fanciers' Show

Being in the minority & believing in equal right for felines, Moorea wants to inform you of the San Diego Cat Fanciers' Cat Show at the Del Mar Fairgrounds this weekend, January 27th & 28th.

There will be 41 different breeds.

Also a household pet competition and a cat-agility competition.

The most fun is watching the avid cat-people. Yes, there are people even crazier with their cats than we are with Moorea, believe it or not.

For more information, check out www.sandiegocat.org

Re: Cat Fanciers' Show

Mike & I attended The Cat Fancier's Cat Show this afternoon. It was fun & we did MORE recruiting for San Diego LOAL! I saw a woman, who recognized me from the therapy-pet symposium Robin & I attended at the Access Office in Hillcrest. So we recruited that woman, who has a dog. We also handed out Moorea's business card and our chapter's LOAL business card.

In addition, we saw Candy at the show with 2 of her cats. Candy had lots of our S.D. LOAL busness cards and fliers to pass out to interested people. On the name tags on SweetPea's cage, Candy wrote that Sweet Pea is a Therapy Cat.

We arrived at the Cat Show just at two of Sweat Pea's brothers were being judged in the Housecat category. Candy's cat Duke won 1st Prize! The House Cats are judged 7 times during the course of the 2-day show. Let's keep our fingers crossed that one of Candy's 3 participating cats wins the final judging.

Sounds like a lot of fun for cat lovers. So great that Candy promotes Sweet Pea as a therapy cat and promotes LOAL. Two thumbs up to Candy .

Thanks for recruiting that person we met at the symposium. I'll keep an eye out for her in emails/phone messages.

Did you buy any goodies for Moorea?

We only spent $1.50 on a ribbon-on-a-stick cat teaser, but it cost $9 for parking and $5 each for a senior ticket with a dollor-off coupon.

We made up for it with all the FREE treats and cat litter we brought home: two 20 lbs. bags of cat littler & lots of samples of kibble. Moorea LOVED investigating all the good stuff in the bags we brought home.

Oh, I think the woman with the dog that we also saw at the symposium is named Charlene. Hopefully she will call.

Congratulations, Candy, for one of your housecats winning 1st Prize, but which one gets the trophy?

Duke? Famous Amos? or SweetPea?

Robin, Robin's Mom Illene, and I saw Candy today at a meeting for the Escondido Humane Society's Paws in the Park fundraiser.

Candy showed us the many ribbons all 3 of her cats earned at the Cat Show. The huge grand ribbon for Best Household Cat went to Duke, her handsome red tabby.

Congratulations, Mr. Duke and his "mom" Candy.