Return to Website

San Diego Love on A Leash: Forum

Thank you for visiting this message forum.  Please post your comments, questions and ideas here to help us better serve your needs and others in our community.  Remember to enter the code shown at the bottom of your messege, before you post it. We appreciate your participation.

Thank you and have a nice day!  

San Diego Love on A Leash: Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brochures

Well, as we discovered from our two recent presentations, we are down to the nitty, gritty when it comes to brochures. Kathy, how many can we afford to make? We will need a lot for the March 25 event as well as any other presentations we may do in the near future. Since we didn't seem to get any financial support from the two last groups, I'm going to bring out the big guns and hit some of the groups in my community, even though I've been saving them for other projects

Re: Brochures

I'm always so proud to hand out our brochure. The colors are so inviting and right away people start discussing the photos, which show the many types of visits we provide.

It's not surprising we are going through our supply!

Fundraising is SO hard!!!

We paid $346.96 for 500 brochures last year. I don't remember how much it was going to be for 1,000. If we order 1,000, it'll take approximately 50% of our treasury although I recognize that we get a bigger discount.

If we are assured of some donations in the near future, we should be o.k. Otherwise, I'm concerned about using so much of our capital.

Well, Spring is just around the corner and we can apply for another grant. We got $500 the first time, $250 the second time. If we get $250 this time, it would help. Plus, we recently received $100.

I'll work on setting up dates for productive presentations in our community. Poway Lions didn't give us $$, nor did the Delta group. I was disappointed with both as we certainly indicated the need for the $$.

Nancy's been working on the scarves and it looks like it may finally be complete by the summer time at the very latest. I think the person mentioned she would donate her services and all we had to do was pay for the material. Am I correct, Nancy?

We will need some more shirts for new members by late spring/early summer. We still have some, but not enough for all the teams in training right now (heh, that's a good thing).

Correct, Robin. It is my understanding that Roberta plans to volunteer her services and we only pay for materials: fabric and thread.

Yes, we received the generous donation from your parents!! That was so nice of them, and I hope by now they have received our acknowledgment letter.

Their donation actually reminded me that we, as individuals, can add our chapter in our year-end charitable donations. What better cause than our own organization? I will do this in the future.