Wocki's Acorn-Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Arcdisk failure

Hey guys, i've also got a bit of a bumpy Arcdisk. Been reading the previous posts and my problem is different again it seems.

- Checked the disk is set to 800 KB (DD), found location of arcimg and Read is checked.

-I do have windows 98.

-set up to save in my documents in a file named adfs.

Well, Arcdisc runs, detects a 800 kb disk and proceeds to try and write the image. Once the number reaches 78 or thereabouts the dos-window displays a message then cuts out before it can be read. Arc-disk then tells me the operation failed. I am using Arc-disk version 0.7.0.8 .

An Image is produced, but when I try to read it with Virtual Acorn it tells me there was an error. (error : Disk Error 10 at: 0/00000000).

Any help at all would be appriciated!

~JJ

Re: Arcdisk failure

Hello John,

I'm not sure but I think you've tried to make an image of a protected disc. Did you tried it with some other discs?

Wocki

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hey guys, i've also got a bit of a bumpy Arcdisk. Been reading the previous posts and my problem is different again it seems.

- Checked the disk is set to 800 KB (DD), found location of arcimg and Read is checked.

-I do have windows 98.

-set up to save in my documents in a file named adfs.

Well, Arcdisc runs, detects a 800 kb disk and proceeds to try and write the image. Once the number reaches 78 or thereabouts the dos-window displays a message then cuts out before it can be read. Arc-disk then tells me the operation failed. I am using Arc-disk version 0.7.0.8 .

An Image is produced, but when I try to read it with Virtual Acorn it tells me there was an error. (error : Disk Error 10 at: 0/00000000).

Any help at all would be appriciated!

~JJ