ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trafficator Parts for sale

For sale on ebay at the moment are internal parts for the front indicator housings. they claim to be new parts i wood have thought that it wood be good idea to get these parts copyed for futre use

Item number: 140311361742

seems like the seller is having a cleer out as they have more rm parst for sale to.

Re: Trafficator Parts for sale

Not as easy as you might think, an attempt was made to copy the rubber cones some time back but they have to be not only the right size but also the right consistency of "bounce" otherwise the ears do not stay in place. You can use wire ties round them top and bottom instead of dismantling to fit more shims as I can tell you they are not at all easy to take apart to fit new rubbers.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RML 2667, RM 1585, RMC 1458 and 14 RTs