ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Transmatic tubes

Does anyone have a handy note of the details of the fluorescent tubes fitted in the Transmatic panels on refurb RMLs? I need to change one and it would save me a trip if I could go ready armed with the right tube!

Re: Transmatic tubes

Best thing to do Charles is to remove the tube and take it with you.
The details should be printed on the actual tube.
The reason being is that a lot of confusion arises from the type of light.
Some are warm white, some are daylight and some are colour temperature corrected daylight. The rest of the data will be the voltage and wattage rating.

Hi Charles

There are two lenghts of tube in the RML.

Long ones, loads of them and short ones, very few of them. Both have a single large pin contact at each end and are now difficult to obtain. Easiest option is to approach those that are junking their flourescents for incandecents and they usually post on the forums to see if anyone wants them.

Regards

Claire

My bus number (if any): RML2330 etc.

Charles,
You may get the tubes you require from http://www.thelightbulbcompany.co.uk they have a good web-page and a fast service.They will also advise if you want to talk to someone.
Clive

My bus number (if any): RMC 1476