ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Change in ROOF forum layout

Bravenet have changed the way the board works and it has become clear that they are not going to change it back. They say that there were security issues with the previous version which some people were exploited to damage and disrupt other people's boards.

Several of you have contacted me to complain of various problems with the new board. Thank you for this. I've managed to stop the IP address being displayed. Bravenet say they will improve the speed of operation. I've taken off the picture at the top to help a bit with this. There is nothing I can do to help those of you who cannot view the site because their computers have Flash disabled.

I've paid to have no adverts on this board and my subscription runs out in August. I am looking at alternative message forum suppliers and may change when the subscription is due.

I've registered the domain name www.rmoof.co.uk. (couldn't get roof.co.uk!) which means this URL will still work if I change the host of the ROOF website. I've also registered www.busrally.co.uk for the Peterborough Bus Rally site - Sunday July 5th this year. Both websites are now hosted by by a generous bus enthusiast (Thanks very much for you help and support with this Suzy).

Please let me know if there is anything else about the forum you like or dislike. I have a few things that I can change.

The are some advantages with the new forum system. You can now post photographs. Please let me know if you would like me to enable this feature. The other feature is the opportunity to edit or delete your message for one hour after you post it. Useful if you want to correct anything or have second thoughts about it!

Chris Dobbing

My bus number (if any): RM 238, RM 471 & RM 2213

Re: Change in ROOF forum layout

The width now seems to have changed but that could be because I changed to IE 8, its a pity that people cannot use the Forum but downloading quickplayer is not a problem on a modern computer or a source of security problems is it?

Photos might be nice, we had to resort to private E mails for the rivet thing.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RML 2667, RM 1585, RMC 1458 and 14 RTs

Hi Chris

It's fine for me, I don't have any problems with it.

If you are going to allow piccys to be posted is it possible to limit the piccy size that's posted so that it doesn't make the page size wider and so cause problems with reading the script. I personally have no wish to see endless piccys of RM/L's that take ages to upload unless there is a specific feature in the script that needs a piccy to example it.

Regards

Claire

My bus number (if any): RML2330 etc.

Claire Green

If you are going to allow piccys to be posted is it possible to limit the piccy size that's posted so that it doesn't make the page size wider and so cause problems with reading the script.

Fine. I agree. Here is a test picture

which is 300 pixels wide. So long as pictures are no larger than 640 pixels wide I can't see a problem.

Here is a web link.

Peterborough Bus Rally

Now all I need to do is write a short tutorial on how to do this. This board prefers BBCode (nothing to do with the BBC) but it is fairly straight forward. I'll get something onto the ROOF website soon.

Chris

My bus number (if any): RM 238, RM 471 & RM 2213