ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Photos

Has anyone got any IN SERVICE photos of RMC1476,pre 1979.
Also any photos IN SERVICE of RM795, many thanks
Clive.
p.s. please contact me or send photos by e-mail.Thanks.

My bus number (if any): RMC 1476

Re: Photos

Hi Clive

Are you a member of the London Bus scene on google groups? Many photographers with vast collections of RM photographs post them on there although some are not posted due to copyright restrictions.

I have not got or seen a picture of RM 795 or RMC 1476 in service with LT, I only have 1476 as a red painted trainer with London Buses, however there might well be someone on there who has what you are looking for. I can post your request for you if you want.

We too have an RMC, 1458 ex Bow and it was equipped for bus use with handrails etc, but it still has twin headlights but lacks the two outside ones on each side so a source of these would be welcome, I understand that they might be Lucas 575 units is that your understanding?

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RML 2667, RM 1585, RMC 1458 and 14 RTs

Brian, I'll have a look in my stock, re-Headlamps, if I have any at all they will require re-chroming of the reflectors, give me a couple of days and I'll get back to you.
Clive,p.s. not urgent re the photos but I'm not into Google. I leave it to you to post for me please.

Hi Clive
That would be great, re-chroming not a problem we have a man nearby that does our nutguard rings for us. I'll post on the London Bus scene for photos of your buses and forward any replies to you.

Brian, Not very exciting News re-Headlights.
The twin units are numbered on the lenses 1 & 2 respectively. I have the reflectors(which are all glass construction) 1 & 2 for the off side, which you are welcome to, the rings which embellish the lighting units(held on with 3 captive screws) are also available.As previously stated the reflectors will need replating, how you replate the glass I do not know.Make me an offer for listed items as you require and perhaps we can arrange a meeting at an event, Basingstoke May 10th would be the earliest I could make.
regards,
Clive.

Hi Clive I have sent you an E mail re links to photos of RMC 1476 and RM 795 and about RMC headlights.

As its coming from Orange.Fr it might end up in your spam filter.

Regards

Brian