ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Routemaster blind

I'm on the lookout for a Routemaster canopy blind covering routes 19, 22 and 31 from Battersea garage in the 1980s. I've damaged mine and need it to complete a set. If you have one to spare please post a message. Thanks.....

My bus number (if any): RM1001

Re: Routemaster blind

If you can't get hold of the blind you want you can make your own.

The canopy blind is small enough to be printed as a single sheet on an A3 printer. I've done this for my buses. Each number can be printed inverted as black on either white or luminous yellow paper which can then be cut to size and taped together to form a roll.

If you use an ink jet printer you will need to make the canopy blind box watertight or the ink may run!

It works well and looks indistinguishable from the real thing.

I used the Johnston Underground font which is available on CD for Windows and Mac from the London Transport Museum.

My bus number (if any): RM238, RM471 & RM2213

If you want a real blind try emailing Stuart Boxall, if anyone has one it will be him

dms2456stu@gmail.com

Andy

My bus number (if any): RM2059, RMC1490, RML2418, RCL2243, NGT RCN701

Hi everyone. Just to tell you I've managed to locate a 19, 22, 31 canopy blind. It will soon be on its way from South Wales from a reader of ROOF who spotted my appeal. Brilliant!

My bus number (if any): RM1001