ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Replacement droplight window valence

Hi Does anyone have or know where to get a replacement side droplight window valence. For the non LT parts people its the shield piece riveted to the window pan over the opening part of the window. They are all the same except for front U/S. Working on RML 2667 today and found one upstairs half ripped off and irreparable, I have used one off another RM but need to replace that ASAP. TIA

Brian

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RML 2667, RM 1585, RMC 1458 and 15 RTs

Re: Replacement droplight window valence

I feel sure there will be plenty at PVS Barnsley Brian

My bus number (if any): RML2302

Thanks Brian, why didn't I think of that!! I got a few RTs bits from there a couple of years back and some interior RM aluminium cant rail mouldings for Mike Fuller, although they were not in great condition after being exposed to the weather for 20 odd years. I have a contact in Barnsley who might be able to get some for me, although its not urgent as I robbed Peter to pay Paul and RMC 1458 is now missing one!! I am planning to be in the North west of the UK at Christmas and Barnsley is just over the Pennines, although it does mean using Woodhead pass!!

Hi Brian - I've emailed you about this but it looks like you've got it all worked out! I think there's probably not an awful lot of other things left at Barnsley but valances should still be available.

My bus number (if any): RML2302

Hi Brian,

Probably a bit late replying but might be of some help. Have you tried Greegate Fabrications 020 7473 2111 Part No RM154 Shroud over window.

My bus number (if any): RM244

Thanks Peter
My man in Barnsley is on the case and hopefully will get a couple when access to the RMs is available. But its always good to know of suppliers.

Peter Taylor
Hi Brian,

Probably a bit late replying but might be of some help. Have you tried Greegate Fabrications 020 7473 2111 Part No RM154 Shroud over window.

Grrengate fabrications phone number is now 01376 346040. The 0207 and 0208 numbes are both now out of use.

Hi Brian
Many thanks for the updating the phone numbers, twas in the year 2001 that I purchased mine from Greengate Fabrications and things do move on.
Note to myself "remember to do my research properly next time" Doh
Have you managed to obtain any from Barnsley as yet?

Regards
Peter

My bus number (if any): RM244

Just a note on Greengates - they are now located in Braintree Essex and if you request it they will fax over line drawings of RM's etc with available parts numbered up on them - prices on request.

http://www.greengatefab.co.uk/

My bus number (if any): RML2747 @ Gash DD6

Yes I can concur about Greengates, one phone call and an E mailed quote for the parts arrived within the hour. They will supply within 5 days as few RM parts are stocked as such now. My man in Barnsley has been down with his drill and got me some valences but he says PVS are contracting out the scrapping of buses due to lack of space so some will have to be found, which may well mean a reduction in the number of RMs being kept.