ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Paint code for the grey on the bottom of the seat backs

I wondered if anyone had any details for the paint on the metal troughs on the bottom of the seat backs? I've stripped of the RML refurb red paint and got the seats re-trimmed. I want to get them back into RM 238 so I can return the borrowed seats to RM 2213 now the rexine and painting inside is finished.

Also can someone remind me the best way to get the red (I think powder coated paint) on the stanchions so they are polished silver again.

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471 & 2213

Re: Paint code for the grey on the bottom of the seat backs

Not sure about the colour of seat fixings on the RM seats Chris, maybe a match at a D-I-Y is the best answer, they were stove enamelled at Aldenham, but the answer to your second point is on the excellent South Devon RM 1872 web site that is referenced on the main ROOF site.

My bus number (if any): RMC 1485 and RTL 960 plus loads of RTs

Hi Chris - I wonder if it is the same as the grey used at the front of the upper deck of refurbs on whatever they call the top of the destination blind box
- ie Grey - BS 4800.00.A.05 ?

My bus number (if any): RML2302

The grey was stove enamelled but is supposed to be the same shade as the plastic window surrounds and the seat backs. It's a mid-grey but was known as chinese Green!

To get a good original match, remove one of the window surrounds, reverse it and give it a light polish with some mild car polish.
This will reveal the original shade and a good paint mixer should be able to match it up easily.