ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Door control unit

Door control unit.

RM238 has electrically operated rear doors with two motors, limit switches and control units which were fitted when the bus was withdrawn from Thornton Heath garage and converted to semi open-top by London Transport in 1989.

One of the control units has failed and I am looking for a replacement or repair. Does anyone know of a similar bus door control unit that I could use?

The unit is a CAMIS ELECTRONICS LTD DC 1230 PF, serial number 0189-6201.

They do not have any more stock. (I suspect Busworks bought the last one they had when they replaced the other control unit earlier this year.

My bus number (if any): RM238, RM471 and RM2213

Re: Door control unit

Chris
Have you got a picture of the unit you need?

Mark

My bus number (if any): RM1414 sort of

Chris

I sent an E mail to your G mail address have you got it?

My bus number (if any): RTl 960 RMC 1485

Here is a picture of the working unit which is slightly different from the faulty one and has a different part number. However they are interchangeable.

Thanks, Chris

My bus number (if any): RM238, RM471 and RM2213

Sorry Chris, unable to help with that unit, is it not possible for the defective unit to be repaired/reworked by the maker?

Mark

My bus number (if any): RM1414 sort of

I've managed to find a new replacement unit exactly like the one illustrated above and it is on it's way from Camis. £170 inc VAT & carriage.

It is vey tempting to remove the doors and restore the back platform! If I could get the pole and handrails I probably would.

The lower saloon bulkhead grab rails are also missing on RM238 and it would be nice to replace them if any could be found.

My bus number (if any): RM238, RM471 & RM2213

Chris Dobbing
I've managed to find a new replacement unit exactly like the one illustrated above and it is on it's way from Camis. £170 inc VAT & carriage.

It is vey tempting to remove the doors and restore the back platform! If I could get the pole and handrails I probably would.

The lower saloon bulkhead grab rails are also missing on RM238 and it would be nice to replace them if any could be found.

Hi, Chris
I Believe some RMs in PVS have a considerable amount of spares like Poles & Handrails im not sure how long ago the pictures were taken though.
http://www.mikehurley.fotopic.net/p35349057.html
Hope this is of some help.

Nathan

My bus number (if any): Uncle owns RML2424

There are still some parts on the RMs at Carlton, but access to them was the problem for quite a while. I am told that you get to them now and my contact is going there soon so will get an update.

My bus number (if any): RMC 1458, RM 1585, RTL 960 and 15 RTs