ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Routemaster Association Announcement

Andrew Morgan, Chairman of the Routemaster Association, has asked me to post this announcement

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

ANNOUNCEMENT

1. With immediate effect, Alan Gregory has stood down from his Committee position (Sales Officer) from the Routemaster Association. For the immediate future, all sales enquiries should be sent to Mike Fuller, Association Secretary.

2. The Association has yesterday (12th December 2009) acquired a quantity of Routemaster spares that have not seen the light of day for many years. The spares in question are the remainder from a source that has provoked much animated discussion on-line recently. More information will be available shortly. Any enquires should be directed to Association Secretary, Mike Fuller.

3. Advance Notice of the forthcoming Annual General Meeting. Please book your diary now for the Association Annual General Meeting which will be held on the 13th February 2010 in London.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

My bus number (if any): RM238, RM471 & RM2213

Re: Routemaster Association Announcement

Chris

I think to be factually correct, the announcement by the Routemaster Association should have made it clear Alan Gregory was removed by the committee. From my own knowledge of events Alan did not step down voluntarily.

My bus number (if any): RML2335

This sounds serious! What has happened?

Did he jump or was he pushed ??????????

Andrew Morgan's announement says Alan has stood down implyimg he resigned........however

I am given to understand he was removed / sacked / dismissed
i.e. Did not leave the committee of his free will.

I wonder what the whole truth actually is ???
Ah well only afew weeks to the AGM and then all will come out and maybe Alan will be chairman !!!!

Chris and all -

I have been silent on the Routemaster front - indeed, preservation front - since having to fade into the background for family reasons in 2006. I have, however, been following my interest from the sidelines and have decided to 'break cover' very briefly.

Those of you who were members of, or close to, the RMOOA Committee a few years ago may remember that an almost identical situation has occurred previously. Unfortunately the Committee were unable to deal with the situation successfully on that occasion. Let me just say that the announcement from the Association came as little surprise. Whether Alan jumped or was pushed is probably irrelevant, because I suspect he was told that if he did not do the first, the second would done for him!

The ROOMA announcement gives Mike Fuller, the ROOMA Secretary, as the contact person for ROOMA sales until the AGM on the 13th February.

Everything else in these posts is either gossip, rumour, conjecture or innuendo and none of these have any place on this restoration and preservation forum.

If you like gossip please try Facebook, otherwise please let this subject finish as it serves no useful purpose for anyone.

Claire Green

My bus number (if any): 2330 etc.