ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
This looks like being the main Routemaster discussion forum now!

It doesn't look like Alan's forum is going to re-open anytime soon, if at all, so I think the ROOF site is going to be a lot busier. Chris, is there any way for photos can be uploaded onto the site?

My bus number (if any): RML2271 (owner), RML2358/RCL2223 (Driver)

Uploading photos to ROOF

You can't upload photos to the site but if you upload the photos to somewhere else on the Internet you can insert the photo's URL into a post (see bb_code) and they will appear in your messsage.

My bus number (if any): RM238, RM471 and RM2213

Re: Uploading photos to ROOF

What happened to Alans forum? I see it is now password protected. I have applied to join but have heard nothing since. Can anyone shed any light?

Neither have I!

My bus number (if any): RML2271 (owner), RML2358/RCL2223 (Driver)

Alan has made the forum password protected and no longer available to general public.You now have to be invited to join.

My bus number (if any): RM1403

If you're missing all the chat or information, feel free to contact me anytime and I WILL SHOUT AT YOU at no charge to make you feel at home.

(Tongue in cheek)

Danny.

Sadly, it had all become rather disfunctional with some really nasty stuff going on overshadowing the great stuff that often appeared on it.

The addition of a moderator should have helped but a complete absence of impartiality and interjections of political opinion made that even worse.
Hopefully it will be revamped with impartial moderators and a ban on upper case rantings.

The fact this does not exist on this site makes it a pleasure to simply contribute help and advice that hopefully makes a difference to those struggling with a problem or project.
Hence why I was rather sharp with a contributor recently. I apologise if he was offended but I for one do not want to see this site go in the direction of the other channel.

I so echo that sentiment.

This is a site for serious preservationists and not for the boys with their toys.

Claire

My bus number (if any): 2330 etc.

Hopefully Mr Higgs of Busworks fame will use this site to keep us updated as to their projects. (site owners permitting of course)